Exclusive: Joseph Yobo: I Am Super Fit; There Is No Cause For AlarmPublished: April 29, 2014
With strong speculations in the local media suggesting that Norwich center back Joseph Yobo could miss the World Cup due to fitness concerns, there is good news as the Super Eagles skipper has declared himself fit for club and country.
The experienced defender, who has sported the colours of the Nigeria selection in two World Cups, has not played an official game for the Canaries since the 1 - 0 loss to West Brom on April 5.
“I have been declared fit by the doctors at Norwich. And I can confirm to you I will make the squad for the final two games against Chelsea and Arsenal.
“I have been training with the full squad since last week. I was omitted from the squad announced last weekend for precautionary reasons.
“The last two games of the season are crucial and they want me to play a part because it will determine our fate in the Premier League,” Joseph Yobo told allnigeriasoccer.com in a telephone conversation.
With Stephen Keshi expected to announce his provisional World Cup roster in the coming days, the former Everton man has repeatedly stressed that he is fit as a fiddle and will be in shipshape for the mundial.
“I will be fit for the National Team. I am super fit and there is no cause for alarm,” added Joseph Yobo.
Joseph Yobo is on loan at Norwich City from Turkish champions Fenerbahce until the end of this season.
Photo Credit : tff.org
Football News 24/7
- Umar Aminu Clarifies He Has Not Signed A Three-Year Deal With Besiktas
- Mainz Defender Balogun Happy To Be Back In Nigeria Squad
- Nwankwo Kanu Club Bundled Out Of Federation Cup
- Man City Striker Iheanacho, Chelsea Defender Omeruo Racing Against Time To Obtain Visa
- Exclusive : Porto Young Star Chidozie Awaziem Will Miss Super Eagles Friendly Against Mali
- Turkish-Based Duo Gbenga Arokoyo, Raheem Lawal, Raja Star Babatunde Arrive In France
- Nigeria Target Dominic Iorfa Helps England Glovesman Post Another Shutout In Toulon
- Japanese-Nigerian Striker Ado Onaiwu Not Given A Run-Out Against Guinea
- Nigerian Talent Isaac Success Yet To Agree Personal Terms With Watford
- German-Nigerian Defender Marvin Ajani Agrees Two-Year Deal With Hallescher
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football