Rohr Expects 20,000 Iceland Fans In Volgograd Stadium BUT He Got His Figures WrongPublished: June 21, 2018
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr expects 20,000 Icelandic supporters to be among the spectators at the Volgograd Arena when the Super Eagles tackle the Nordic country in their second match of the 2018 World Cup on Friday, June 22.
However, Rohr has got his figures wrong as the Football Association of Iceland (KSí) has confirmed that only 2000-3000 of their fans will attend the game.
Asked if the temperature will be more of an advantage to Nigeria than Iceland, Rohr answered : ''Let's have a little advantage also, we have already 20,000 from Iceland, it will be an away game for us, we already had in Kaliningrad about 25,000 Croatian people and only 250 from Nigeria, so it will be the same tomorrow.
''Perhaps the temperature is better for the African players, it is possible, but you know a lot of them are playing in Europe and they are not so used to it now. If it is an advantage, we will try and take advantage of it.''
On his tactics for the game against Iceland as compared to the World Cup opener vs Croatia, Rohr said : ''The tactics is something I don't want to speak about with journalists, I speak about it with my players.
''We will have tactics to win the match, and which one exactly I cannot tell you. Before the last game, we had a good organization but we lost the match, not because of the organization or the tactics, we conceded two stupid goals, own goal and penalty so we must be ready with a good organization against a different team from Iceland, it's different from Croatia.''
Thursday afternoon's press conference was attended by Gernot Rohr, goalkeeper Francis Uzoho and the team's Media Officer Toyin Ibitoye.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
Football News 24/7
- Josh Maja Reacts After Contributing Three Goals In Sunderland Win Vs St Mirren
- Goals For Isaac Success, Josh Maja, Ify Ofoegbu & Okenabirhie In Pre-Season Games
- Nigeria 5 Mauritania 0: Yahaya Nets Brace As Flying Eagles Qualify In Style
- Official: Peter Olayinka Seals Four-Year Deal With SK Slavia Prague
- China Wrap: Captain Ighalo Can't Stop Scoring; Mikel Deployed In Right Midfield
- Official: Chelsea Announce Outgoing Transfer Of Midfielder
- Lazio Interested In Signing Arsenal Winger Alex Iwobi
- Exclusive: Scottish Club Rangers Battle Austria Vienna For Kehinde, REJECTS Move To SK Brann
- Victor Osimhen Training With Belgian Club Zulte Waregem Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football