Chelsea Star Fàbregas Blasts Argentina After Loss: They Were Playing Against Each OtherPublished: June 21, 2018
Argentina are in desperate trouble following their shock 3-0 loss to Croatia in their second match of the 2018 World Cup, a defeat which means their fate is no longer in their hands.
The Croats became the first team to qualify for the last sixteen in Group D courtesy of second half goals from Ante Rebic, Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic.
Chelsea Star Cesc Fàbregas has agreed that it was one of the worst performances by an Argentinian side and questioned the commitment and the unity of the South American players.
''In midfield they played well but I think Argentina made it so easy for them. They were a broken team, they were playing five attackers and five defenders,'' Fabregas stated in his post-match analysis on BBC.
''If you are a midfielder this is exactly what you want, you have so much time, space, you can keep the ball, you can do whatever you want.
''It felt sometimes that Argentina were not playing for each other, they were playing against each other. The passes were terrible, nothing.''
The Super Eagles and Argentina meet for the fifth time in the group stage of the World Cup at the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg on June 26.
Photo Credit : hns-cff.hr
Football News 24/7
- Josh Maja Reacts After Contributing Three Goals In Sunderland Win Vs St Mirren
- Goals For Isaac Success, Josh Maja, Ify Ofoegbu & Okenabirhie In Pre-Season Games
- Nigeria 5 Mauritania 0: Yahaya Nets Brace As Flying Eagles Qualify In Style
- Official: Peter Olayinka Seals Four-Year Deal With SK Slavia Prague
- China Wrap: Captain Ighalo Can't Stop Scoring; Mikel Deployed In Right Midfield
- Official: Chelsea Announce Outgoing Transfer Of Midfielder
- Lazio Interested In Signing Arsenal Winger Alex Iwobi
- Exclusive: Scottish Club Rangers Battle Austria Vienna For Kehinde, REJECTS Move To SK Brann
- Victor Osimhen Training With Belgian Club Zulte Waregem Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football