CONOR OKUS:It was fun playing against West HamPublished: October 13, 2010
The 19-year-old Nigerian super-teen, Conor Okus, was in action on Monday night for Dagenham and Redbridge against his old club West Ham United in a testimonial match for Lee Godwin.
Until last season, Conor was with the West Ham Under 18s, and he says he is delighted to have faced his old friends at the club.
''It was good fun, I got to speak to a lot of the people at West Ham before and after the game including senior pros like Scott Parker. They all wished me luck for the future. I spoke to the players from my age group after and we all had a good laugh about the game, '' Conor told allnigeriasoccer.com.
Conor was sent on loan for one month to Blue Square Bet South side Thurrock immediately after he was unveiled by the Daggers. But he is back at his League one club.
''I returned around September 17th. It was a good experience for me especially to get some first team football under my belt. Now I just want to do well and push on for Dagenham.''
Conor is not the only Nigerian player at the Daggers. Oluwafemi Ilesanmi is also on the payroll of the club, and Conor spoke highly of the defender, who is presently on loan at Conference club, Histon.
''Femi is still on loan for another month, I hear he is doing well there. Femi is very strong and athletic and puts his pace to good effect. He's also versatile and can play center or left back. He will do well in the future.''
- Samson Siasia Targets Africa U-23 Cup of Nations Final
- Hope Akpan Has Mixed Feelings After Ending 3,458 - Minute Long Goal Drought
- Anthony Ujah Nets Fourth Goal In Five Games As Werder Bremen Lose To Hamburg
- Samson Siasia Plays Down Talk Osimhen Replaced Isaac Success
- DSS Proprietor Sunday Adeleye Charges NFF To Conduct Elections
- English Premier League Wrap: Ighalo & Barkley Continue Fine Form, Iheanacho Watches From Bench
- Ike Ugbo Strikes Twice As Chelsea Thrash Leicester City
- Premier League Team News : Ighalo, Barkley Start; Iheanacho & Anya Benched; Odemwingie & Agbonlahor Frozen Out
- Crown FC Name Waheed Bello as Coach
- Paul Onuachu Gives Thanks To His Mentor Churchill Oliseh
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football