CONOR OKUS:It was fun playing against West HamPublished: October 13, 2010
The 19-year-old Nigerian super-teen, Conor Okus, was in action on Monday night for Dagenham and Redbridge against his old club West Ham United in a testimonial match for Lee Godwin.
Until last season, Conor was with the West Ham Under 18s, and he says he is delighted to have faced his old friends at the club.
''It was good fun, I got to speak to a lot of the people at West Ham before and after the game including senior pros like Scott Parker. They all wished me luck for the future. I spoke to the players from my age group after and we all had a good laugh about the game, '' Conor told allnigeriasoccer.com.
Conor was sent on loan for one month to Blue Square Bet South side Thurrock immediately after he was unveiled by the Daggers. But he is back at his League one club.
''I returned around September 17th. It was a good experience for me especially to get some first team football under my belt. Now I just want to do well and push on for Dagenham.''
Conor is not the only Nigerian player at the Daggers. Oluwafemi Ilesanmi is also on the payroll of the club, and Conor spoke highly of the defender, who is presently on loan at Conference club, Histon.
''Femi is still on loan for another month, I hear he is doing well there. Femi is very strong and athletic and puts his pace to good effect. He's also versatile and can play center or left back. He will do well in the future.''
- Kogi United Duo Prove Mettle In NNL Tie
- Bright Dike Features For Toronto In Loss To Manchester City
- Real Salt Lake Defender Boyd Okwuonu And USA Lose To France In Toulon Opener
- Kogi FA Constitutes Seven Standing Committees
- Bright Dike Congratulates Sister For Making Super Falcons World Cup Roster
- Exclusive : Jordan Alawode-Williams Extends Southend United Contract
- I Could have Been A Footballer, Says Oyo Crime Buster, Dimka
- Fresh Crisis Rocks Prime FC, Players Owed Nine Months Salaries
- Eniola Aluko And Dominic Solanke Pick Up Chelsea Accolades
- Tottenham Hotspur Rising Star Josh Onomah Features In Win Against Malaysia All Stars
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football