CONOR OKUS:It was fun playing against West HamPublished: October 13, 2010
The 19-year-old Nigerian super-teen, Conor Okus, was in action on Monday night for Dagenham and Redbridge against his old club West Ham United in a testimonial match for Lee Godwin.
Until last season, Conor was with the West Ham Under 18s, and he says he is delighted to have faced his old friends at the club.
''It was good fun, I got to speak to a lot of the people at West Ham before and after the game including senior pros like Scott Parker. They all wished me luck for the future. I spoke to the players from my age group after and we all had a good laugh about the game, '' Conor told allnigeriasoccer.com.
Conor was sent on loan for one month to Blue Square Bet South side Thurrock immediately after he was unveiled by the Daggers. But he is back at his League one club.
''I returned around September 17th. It was a good experience for me especially to get some first team football under my belt. Now I just want to do well and push on for Dagenham.''
Conor is not the only Nigerian player at the Daggers. Oluwafemi Ilesanmi is also on the payroll of the club, and Conor spoke highly of the defender, who is presently on loan at Conference club, Histon.
''Femi is still on loan for another month, I hear he is doing well there. Femi is very strong and athletic and puts his pace to good effect. He's also versatile and can play center or left back. He will do well in the future.''
- John Chibuike Opens Season Account For Gaziantepspor
- Tottenham Hotspur Star Harry Kane Says Dele Alli Merits England Call - Up
- Prince Aggrey, Chima Akas And Four Home Based Players Battling To Obtain Visas To Belgium
- Bartholomew Ogbeche Continues Scoring Streak In Holland
- Hat - Trick Hero Gbolahan Salami Happy To Hit The Ground Running
- Bereaved Chisom Chikatara Dedicates Hat - trick To Late Mother
- Uche Ikpeazu Pleased To Score Against Decent Sheffield United Side
- English Premier League Wrap : Iheanacho Fails To Mark Birthday With Goal; Victor Moses Notches Assist
- Odion Ighalo Rescues Point For Watford Vs Bournemouth
- Tayo Edun And Ike Ugbo Heading To Chile With England U17s
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football