ROLO ZAPATA Reveals The Secrets of Sunshine StarsPublished: August 06, 2011
Sunshine Stars of Nigeria shocked JS Kabylie of Algeria 2-1 in the African Confederation Cup last weekend.
If the results have made Sunshine Stars style of African's football fashionable, coach Rolo Zapata's reasons that talent remains the key factor in the success story: "Natural ability and talent are more valuable than physical prowess. You could put out 11 physical players, but it would not be enough to win. It has always been the case".
When I asked coach Rodolfo Zapata for the secret to their success, he said: ''Ondo State is part of this team. We are all part of team. Dr. Mimiko and OSFA did a great job". The secret of Nigeria Sunshine FC unprecedented success in African football is out. It is its superstar factory, a production line that is the envy of the international football circuit.
Allnigeriasoccer.com was granted unprecedented access to the Nigerian giants. Football's most successful youth system is nurtured in Akure where 500 top talents, those whose families live in remote parts of Ondo State, reside in the hope of making the first team.
"In my life I have been on some successful countries (Argentina, USA and Nigeria), and some not so successful countries (Canada). When I worked in Canada, they were unsuccessful, and I have been able to see firsthand what makes the difference between the unsuccessful teams and the successful ones, ''coach Rolo Zapata's said.
- Chidi Osuchukwu Takes Walk Of Shame Against Feirense
- Taiwo Awoniyi Scores For Kalmar Under 21s In Loss To Malmo
- New Football Heroine Asisat Oshoala Nets Brace, As Nigeria Qualify For World Cup
- Lukman Haruna Omitted From Dynamo Kiev Squad To Face Aalborg
- Official : Crystal Palace Announce Hiring Of Fisayo Adarabioyo
- Jose Mourinho Vows To Continue Fielding Dominic Solanke In Champions League
- Ahmed Musa Delighted With CSKA Moscow Comeback
- Bartholomew Ogbeche Angling For Super Eagles Recall
- Chinedu Obasi Nets First - Ever Goal In European Competition
- Jay Jay Okocha Among Top 100 Players To Grace The English Premier League
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football