Levante Waiting For Rubin Kazan Green Light Over OBAFEMI MARTINSPublished: August 30, 2012
Spanish club Levante are eyeing a loan move for Rubin Kazan's Obafemi Martins, reports Spain's number one sports daily Marca.
Following the departure of striker Arouna Kone to Wigan in the summer market, manager Juan Ignacio Martínez wants to strengthen the attack.
In principle, Martins has agreed to move to Levante but the bottleneck is that the Russian club are not willing to sanction a loan move for the Super Eagle. Instead, they prefer to sell him outright to an interested club.
Previously, the former FC Ebedei talent had been linked with West Brom and and Chinese clubs Tianjin Teda FC and Qingdao Chzhunnen.
The German website transfermarkt.de values the 27 - year - old at € 2.5 million.
Football News 24/7
- Nigerian Exports : Ibe Benched As Liverpool Thrash Villarreal; Akinola Starts For Braintree In Playoffs; Haruna, Owoeri, Obilor Feature
- Fanendo Adi Scoops Etihad Airways MLS Player Of The Month Award
- Dundee United And Edward Ofere Go Their Separate Ways
- Nigeria Target Kelvin Arase Shines As Austria Beat Bosnia In UEFA U17 Championship
- Hope Akpan Doubtful To Face Former Team Reading
- Obi Mikel Vows To See Out Remainder Of Contract At Chelsea
- Alex Iwobi Loses Out On Arsenal Goal Of The Month To Chile Star Alexis
- Nigeria Professional Football League Player Dies After Spinal Cord Injury
- Fifa Ranking : Nigeria Still Rated The 14th Best Team In Africa
- Nigerian Coaches Scold Referees President Over Foreign Coach Comments
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football