Chipolopolo Players To Get US$90,000 Each If They Win AfconPublished: January 20, 2013
The Zambia government has promised to give the Chipolopolo boys up to US$90,000.00 each if they retain the Africa cup of nations title this year.
This was announced to the team today (Sunday) by sports minister Chishimba Kambwili soon after President Micheai SATA and first lady Christine Kaseba visited the team at their Nelspruit base today.
Kambwili further said the players will each get US$20,000.00 if they get to the finals.
President Sata gave a clear message on the expectation of the nation as he urged the team to retain the cup.
“What you have to bear in mind is that the people of Zambia support you. When you start on Monday, fight! Be brave and fight like the freedom fighters who won independence. You have won the cup once, but we want you to win it again; so don’t worry about anything. Go and play and even if you meet the hosts at any stage, go and wallop them,” the president said.
The president was presented with an orange Chipolopolo jersey by team captain (presentation in photo).
The national team has continued to get massive support from the government and the goodwill message and visit by the president to the national team camp will act as a morale booster ahead of the opening game against Ethiopia on Monday.
-Thanks to zambianfootball.co.zm
Football News 24/7
- Nigerian Exports: Musa,Samuel,Salami,Owoeri,Omoijuanfo,Nwanganga&Shuaibu Get On The Scoresheet; Ibe Suffers Loss With Liverpool
- Nigeria U20s Stars Fail To Find Their Scoring Boots In Friendly, Arsenal Trainee Nwakali Injured
- Giwa Fined N3.65m For Failing To Complete Match With Rangers
- Crewe Alexandra Starlet Daniel Udoh Commits International Future To Nigeria Ahead Of England
- Super Eagles Glovesman Ikeme Voted Second Best Player At Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Aaron Samuel, Ahmed Musa On Song In CSKA Moscow Win
- Ex Flying Eagles Star Mbah On The Radar Of Turkish,Greek Clubs
- Leon Balogun To Watch From The Stands Mainz Next Three Games
- Nigeria U23s Coach Siasia Running The Rule Over Charlton Athletic Defender Ayo Obileye
- Injury Bug Hits Rivers United; Four Players To Miss Rangers Tie
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football