Chipolopolo Players To Get US$90,000 Each If They Win AfconPublished: January 20, 2013
The Zambia government has promised to give the Chipolopolo boys up to US$90,000.00 each if they retain the Africa cup of nations title this year.
This was announced to the team today (Sunday) by sports minister Chishimba Kambwili soon after President Micheai SATA and first lady Christine Kaseba visited the team at their Nelspruit base today.
Kambwili further said the players will each get US$20,000.00 if they get to the finals.
President Sata gave a clear message on the expectation of the nation as he urged the team to retain the cup.
“What you have to bear in mind is that the people of Zambia support you. When you start on Monday, fight! Be brave and fight like the freedom fighters who won independence. You have won the cup once, but we want you to win it again; so don’t worry about anything. Go and play and even if you meet the hosts at any stage, go and wallop them,” the president said.
The president was presented with an orange Chipolopolo jersey by team captain (presentation in photo).
The national team has continued to get massive support from the government and the goodwill message and visit by the president to the national team camp will act as a morale booster ahead of the opening game against Ethiopia on Monday.
-Thanks to zambianfootball.co.zm
- Nurudeen Orelesi Cool To Dedicate First Goal In Ukraine To Darling Wife, Yemisi Cole
- Osaguona Ighodaro Dismisses Link To Kelantan FA For The Umpteenth Time
- Sylvester Igboun : Bad Decision By The Referee To Send Off Rilwan Hassan
- Ekigho Ehiosun Scores As Qabala Lose To Simurq
- Joel Obi Delighted To Score First Inter Milan Goal
- Exclusive: Nigeria Under 17 Coach To Run The Rule Over Crystal Palace Whizkid Jason Akiotu, Dubbed The Next David Alaba
- Joel Obi Scores First - Ever Serie A Goal For Inter Milan
- Bartholomew Ogbeche One Goal Shy Of Equaling Single - Season Record
- Cologne Striker Anthony Ujah Happy With Recent Form
- Kettering Town Willing To Allow Luton Town, Peterborough Target Dubi Ogbonna Leave
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football