Ross Barkley Eligible For Nigeria Through His Dad, Peter EffangaPublished: April 18, 2013
Everton wonder-kid Ross Barkley, who has caps for England youth teams, had told the official website of The Toffees that he was eligible to represent Nigeria.
Kickoffnigeria.com has been doing some digging on Barkley's claim, and writes on its website that his eligibility comes through his father, Peter Effanga, who resides in Liverpool and works at Getrag Ford Transmission plant.
It is being reported that Ross Barkley is answering his mother's maiden name because he does not have a cordial relationship with his dad.
Barkley, who is heralded as one of the brightest prospects in British football, is contracted to Everton until 2016.
Photo Credit: uefa.com
- John Utaka To Spend At Least Two Weeks On The Sidelines
- Super Eagles Drop In Fifa Ranking
- Arsenal Mulling Over Move For Free Agent Joseph Yobo?
- Stefano Okaka Reveals Expectations Heaped On His Shoulders At Roma
- Ahmed Musa Scores Consolation For CSKA Moscow In Heavy Defeat To Roma
- 3SC Wins Gabros In Table Topper Clash, As Alao Pledges To Pay Outstanding Wages
- William Jidayi Delighted With Win Over Casertana
- Nosa Igiebor Reinstated Into Maccabi Tel Aviv Starting Lineup
- Fit - Again Ike Uche In Villarreal Squad To Face Monchengladbach
- Official : Manchester United Target Ogo Obi Signs Scholarship Terms With Watford
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football