Lazio's Eddy Onazi Threatens To Sue Nigerian Daily Over False ReportPublished: April 18, 2013
Super Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi, has reacted angrily to recent newspaper reports in Nigeria that suggested his future with Italian giants Lazio is threatened.
On Thursday 18th April 2013, Nigerian sport media carried news insinuating that Onazi’s coach at SS Lazio, Vladmir Petkovic, was unhappy with his performances and his place in the team was therefore in jeopardy.
''It’s unfair that Nigerian newspapers are writing such lies,'' the African Cup Of Nations 2013 winner retorted.
''It was my media officer in Lazio who drew my attention to the story along with other Nigerians who called me and faxed me the newspapers.
''The media officer even advised that I should sue the media houses writing such, trying to tarnish my career.''
In the article, Petkovic was quoted as saying, ''You cannot play with only eight, nine or 10 first choice players. To compete on several fronts, you need a very big squad.
''My job is also to understand who isn’t in the best shape.''
However, Onazi, who has enjoyed a surge of first team appearances since his victory with Nigeria at the AFCON 2013, has been widely praised in Italy for his recent performances.
In Lazio’s last match against league leaders Juventus, the Nigerian starlet was rated Lazio’s best performer.
''By God’s grace, once again, I was rated the best,'' he said.
''The coach did not say anything like that about me. He was rather emphasizing that the squad needed to improve and build as a whole.
''I don’t know why Nigerian newspapers can invent such headlines,'' the youngster, who has enjoyed an injury free season, added.
- Official : Heartland Defender Benjamin Francis Joins Hapoel Tel Aviv On A Season - Long Loan Deal
- Frenage Has Built Good Foundation For Nigerian Aspiring Footballers - CEO
- Akeem Agbetu On His Way To France To Complete Move To Le Havre
- Confirmed : Chinedu Obasi To Miss Afcon Qualifiers
- Stoke City Forward Peter Odemwingie May Have Damaged Knee Ligament
- Experienced David Alaba Delighted With Game Time
- Vincent Enyeama Pulls Out Of AFCON Qualifiers
- Official : Michael Eneramo Gets Golden Handshake of =N=100 Million From Besiktas
- Finished - Swindon Town Capture Signature Of Jonathan Obika From Tottenham Hotspur
- Abdul Ajagun Calls For Panathinaikos Improvement
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football