Lazio's Eddy Onazi Threatens To Sue Nigerian Daily Over False ReportPublished: April 18, 2013
Super Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi, has reacted angrily to recent newspaper reports in Nigeria that suggested his future with Italian giants Lazio is threatened.
On Thursday 18th April 2013, Nigerian sport media carried news insinuating that Onazi’s coach at SS Lazio, Vladmir Petkovic, was unhappy with his performances and his place in the team was therefore in jeopardy.
''It’s unfair that Nigerian newspapers are writing such lies,'' the African Cup Of Nations 2013 winner retorted.
''It was my media officer in Lazio who drew my attention to the story along with other Nigerians who called me and faxed me the newspapers.
''The media officer even advised that I should sue the media houses writing such, trying to tarnish my career.''
In the article, Petkovic was quoted as saying, ''You cannot play with only eight, nine or 10 first choice players. To compete on several fronts, you need a very big squad.
''My job is also to understand who isn’t in the best shape.''
However, Onazi, who has enjoyed a surge of first team appearances since his victory with Nigeria at the AFCON 2013, has been widely praised in Italy for his recent performances.
In Lazio’s last match against league leaders Juventus, the Nigerian starlet was rated Lazio’s best performer.
''By God’s grace, once again, I was rated the best,'' he said.
''The coach did not say anything like that about me. He was rather emphasizing that the squad needed to improve and build as a whole.
''I don’t know why Nigerian newspapers can invent such headlines,'' the youngster, who has enjoyed an injury free season, added.
- Exclusive : Super Eagles Defender Austin Oboroakpo Set To Pen New Deal With Abia Warriors; Rejects Warri Wolves & Kano Pillars
- Leicester City Preparing 30 Million Euros Bid For Ahmed Musa
- Anthony Ujah Passes Fitness Test; Makes Werder Bremen Squad To Face Bayer Leverkusen
- Abiola Dauda Has Kind Words For Heart of Midlothian Fans After Debut
- Shola Ameobi Rejects Move To Non-League Team South Shields
- Odion Ighalo Is Granada Special Guest For La Liga Tie Vs Real Madrid
- Michael Babatunde Threatens To Terminate Raja Casablanca Deal; Moroccan Club Seizes Passport
- Aaron Samuel Has One Foot In CSKA Moscow, Loan Agreement With Option To Buy Being Negotiated
- Done Deals : Super Falcons Stars Ngozi Okobi, Josephine Chukwunonye Join Vittsjo From Washington Spirit
- Super Falcons Hero Peppe Nkwocha Returns To Sunnana For The Sake Of Faith Ikidi
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football