Kennedy Igboananike Happy With Debut Goal For AIKPublished: April 23, 2013
On Monday, Kennedy Igboananike scored his first Premier League goal for new club AIK in the tie against IF Elfsborg.
The Nigerian striker after his documented problems with Djurgården says he is enjoying football again.
''It was very important. That meant not just three points for us, but also a lot to me personally.
''I am a striker and then you'll always score goals. When the ball crossed the line, I felt that this is the end of the heavy time, both for me and AIK. Now we will continue to win,'' Igboananike told Swedish newspaper Expressen.
He went on: ''I was not feeling well before I came to AIK, I had a very heavy period last time in Djurgården, where I did not play at all and was in the freezer. But now in AIK I feel really good.
''Sometimes, life in football is not as expected, but I've learned how things work and how heavy it can be. You have to have a strong mind to do it.''
Kennedy Igboananike, 24, is under contract with AIK until the end of the 2015 season.
Photo Credit: fotbolltransfers.com
- British Lady Who Duped Peter Odemwingie Will Not Be Jailed
- Dudu Omagbemi Rates Finland Championship Ahead Of I - League
- Azerbaijan Reject Proposal From NFF to Play Friendly
- Emeka Ezeugo Rubbishes Reports He Was Clubless Before USA 1994
- Samuel Ayinoko Opens Goal Account For 2014
- Brown Ideye Blames Defenders For Loss
- Emmanuel Emenike Resumes Training On Wednesday
- Agent Hints Rubin Okotie May Remain In Denmark
- Tawa Ishola On Song As Minsk Win Belarus Super Cup
- Injured Fegor Ogude Doubtful For Ural Clash
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football