Kennedy Igboananike Happy With Debut Goal For AIKPublished: April 23, 2013
On Monday, Kennedy Igboananike scored his first Premier League goal for new club AIK in the tie against IF Elfsborg.
The Nigerian striker after his documented problems with Djurgården says he is enjoying football again.
''It was very important. That meant not just three points for us, but also a lot to me personally.
''I am a striker and then you'll always score goals. When the ball crossed the line, I felt that this is the end of the heavy time, both for me and AIK. Now we will continue to win,'' Igboananike told Swedish newspaper Expressen.
He went on: ''I was not feeling well before I came to AIK, I had a very heavy period last time in Djurgården, where I did not play at all and was in the freezer. But now in AIK I feel really good.
''Sometimes, life in football is not as expected, but I've learned how things work and how heavy it can be. You have to have a strong mind to do it.''
Kennedy Igboananike, 24, is under contract with AIK until the end of the 2015 season.
Photo Credit: fotbolltransfers.com
- Paul Obiefule Explains Why He Quit Assyriska
- Ugo Ukah On Target As Jagiellonia Bialystok Draw
- We Absolutely Respect Nigeria - Bosnia Midfielder, Zahirovic
- Iran Skipper, Javad Nekounam : We Are Not Scared Of Nigeria
- Sam Sodje Claims He Can Influence Outcome Of World Cup Games
- Exclusive: Dudu Omagbemi Attracting Interest From Teams In Iran, Turkey And Hungary
- Odion Ighalo Nets First Brace Since May, 2012
- Vincent Enyeama Finally Beaten
- Kenny Otigba Unlucky Not To Be Credited With Fifth Goal Of The Season
- Sammy Sodje Fingered In Match Fixing Scandal
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football