Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Stephen Keshi Admits Argentina Is A Big Team
- Stephen Keshi : We Do Not Fear Anyone
- Super Eagles Face Argentina, Iran, Bosnia At World Cup
- Official : Vincent Enyeama Extends Lille Contract
- Official : Paul Obiefule Terminates Contract With Assyriska
- Nigeria, Switzerland, United States, Russia In Group F - El Deforma
- Sidney Sam To Join Schalke 04
- Exclusive: Tottenham Hotspur Set To Sign Nigerian Neymar, Musa Yahaya And Loan Him To Albacete
- Pele Hails Nelson Mandela
- Sepp Blatter: Nelson Mandela Will Stay In Our Hearts Forever
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football