Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Agent Stays Mum On Michael Olaitan Spell On The Sidelines
- Beitar Jerusalem To Run The Rule Over Moses Adams
- Exclusive - Agent : Chigozie Udoji Has Signed A One Year Contract With Dinamo Minsk
- Official : Chigozie Udoji Joins Dinamo Minsk
- Sylvester Igboun Declares Himself Ready To Face SonderjyskE
- AZAL Midfielder William Oluremi John Wins Goal Of The Month Award Again
- Nosa Igiebor Faces Another Spell On The Sidelines
- Leon Balogun May Spend At Least Two Months On The Sidelines
- Nigeria Hold Mexico In Friendly
- Players Association, Mitroglou Sympathize With Olaitan
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football