Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Aalesund Marksman Leke James Now SURE Of Premier League Survival
- Aaron Samuel : We Needed The Three Points
- Eddy Onazi Announces Contract Renewal With Lazio
- Omeruo Rescues Point For Pembroke Athleta
- William Oluremi John Delighted With Move To MAS Fez
- Rilwan Hassan Would Have Preferred To Pick Up A Point Instead Of Scoring
- Obaje Nets First Goal For New Club
- Revealed : PEC Zwolle To Challenge Catania For Joseph Mbong
- NPL Scribe Clamors For Grassroots Football Development
- Match - winner Ahmed Musa Confident Of Beating Lokomotiv Moscow
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football