Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Kelechi Iheanacho Scores First Official Goal For Manchester City
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ugonna Anyora Opens Goalscoring Account For Honefoss
- Manchester City Unleash Kelechi Iheanacho On Chelsea In FA Youth Cup Final
- Official : Dele Aiyenugba Pens Fresh Two - Year Deal With Bnei Yehuda
- Asisat Oshoala Surprised To Make Women Footballer of the Year Shortlist
- Government Secondary School, Imo Wins Etisalat U-15 School Cup
- Austin Okocha : Football Is A Religion In Nigeria
- Super Falcons Hero Peppe Nkwocha Picks Goal Against Canada As Highlight Of Career
- Double Delight For Uchechi Sunday Lopez
- Ermis Working On Deal To Extend Ifeanyi Onyilo Stay
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football