Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Exclusive : Molde Reject Approach From Steaua Bucharest For Daniel Chima Again
- Supreme Court Near Top Spot After Win Against Adamawa
- Official : Shanghai Shenxin Snap Up Peter Utaka On Loan From Beijing Guoan
- Derick Ogbu Scores Brace On Liaoning Debut
- Nosa Edokpolor On His Way To Palermo
- Michael Babatunde Absconds From Volyn Lutsk
- Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Arsenal Gunning For Angelo Ogbonna
- Official : Wilfred Osuji Rejoins Modena
- Turkish Government Cancels Work Permit Of Taye Taiwo
- FC Midtjylland Starlet, Paul Onuachu Praised By Sporting Director
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football