Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Lukman Haruna Omitted From Dynamo Kiev Squad To Face Aalborg
- Official : Crystal Palace Announce Hiring Of Fisayo Adarabioyo
- Jose Mourinho Vows To Continue Fielding Dominic Solanke In Champions League
- Ahmed Musa Delighted With CSKA Moscow Comeback
- Bartholomew Ogbeche Angling For Super Eagles Recall
- Chinedu Obasi Nets First - Ever Goal In European Competition
- Jay Jay Okocha Among Top 100 Players To Grace The English Premier League
- Sani Emmanuel Agrees One - Year Beitar Jerusalem Deal
- John Obi Mikel To Sit Out Maribor Clash
- Fenerbahce Coach Not Running Out Of Patience With Off - form Emmanuel Emenike
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football