Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Oyo Speaker Sponsors Kid To Frenage Academy
- Ex New Nigeria Bank Goalie Wilfred Agbonavbare Loses Battle With Cancer
- Juventus Ponder Move For Sampdoria Forward Stefano Okaka
- Nigeria Coaches Mourn Musa Abdullahi
- Supreme Court Squad Battle 3SC, Sharks In Ijebu Ode
- Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Ecstatic After Goal In FA Cup
- Official : Uche Ikpeazu Extends Crewe Alexandra Stay
- Official : Femi Ajilore And FC Midtjylland Mutually Terminate Contract
- Flying Eagles Show Class After Defeating Kano Pillars
- Official : Manuel Onwu Leaves Osasuna For Dinamo Tbilisi
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football