Updated: Ahmed Musa Creates Record In Russia, Scores In Fourth Consecutive MatchPublished: June 01, 2013
Ahmed Musa's CSKA Moscow won the Russian Cup final on Saturday, defeating Anzhi 4 - 3 on penalties after regulation and extra time ended in a stalemate.
The Nigeria international gave the Russian Premier League champions an early lead, thanks to his 8th minute strike.
It is worthy to note that that goal was Musa's fourth consecutive goal in the Russian Cup, beginning from the round of 16.
The 20 - year - old attacker now shares the record of scoring in consecutive matches with the iconic Spartak Moscow midfielder Andrei Tikhonov, who scored four goals in a row in the same competition 15 years ago.
It wasn't only Musa that created a record on Saturday. Also, CSKA Moscow set another record by winning their third Russian double. No other team has been able to achieve that.
Previously, the Muscovites won the double in the 2005 and 2006 season.
Photo Credit: pfc - cska.com
- Brown Ideye Approves Firing Of Oleg Blokhin
- Injured Austin Ejide REFUSES To Sit On The Bench
- Defiant Reuben Gabriel Sent Off Again
- Tony Nwakaeme Delighted With Win Over Bnei Yehuda
- Shola Ameobi Breaks 16 - Month Goal Drought
- Paul Ezemenyiba Warns Warri Wolves Ahead Of Delta State Federation Cup Clash
- Gbenga Arokoyo Speaks Out : Referees Are Targeting Me In Sweden Because Of My Skin
- Grieving Conor Okus Pays Tribute To Ex West Ham Teammate Dylan Tombides
- Crewe Alexandra Striker, Uche Ikpeazu Urges Teammates To Maintain Momentum
- Disciplined Joseph Yobo Out For At Least One Week
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football