Manchester City, Porto, Others Continue Battle For Nigeria Wonder-kid Kelechi Iheanacho
Published: December 26, 2013
Kelechi Iheanacho’s proposed switch to Manchester City may be hanging in the balance with reports suggesting that the Golden Ball winner at the Fifa Under 17 World Cup has changed his mind about plying his trade for the English Premier League moneybags.
Recall that Kelechi Iheanacho had been permitted by the Super Eagles handlers to depart the CHAN camp to formalize terms with the Citizens.
James Iheanacho, Kelechi’s dad, can also legally act as his agent per Fifa rules and regulations .
He claims he’s unaware of the u-turn made by his son and is doing all he can to make him stand by his decision to join Man City instead of Porto in Portugal.
Speaking to the electronic edition of Brila FM, James Iheanacho said : “I don’t know what is really happening but by Thursday I will find out more about this.
“But what I can say for now is that family members too are still pleading with him to sign for Manchester City.”
Furthermore, Kennedy Ezenwere, coach of the grassroots team that nurtured Kelechi Iheanacho has strongly hinted that his ward would prefer pitching his tent with Porto.
The reason being that it will take a long time for the youngster to break into the first team of Manchester City as the club is packed with talents .
He told brilafm.net: ““I really don’t know the terms of the agreement but I wish him well because his father says he wants him to go to Manchester City but Kelechi is saying that City is too big for him.”
The recent developments will be sweet music to the ears of the leaders of Monaco, Udinese, Arsenal, Chelsea and PAOK - the teams were interested in Kelechi Iheanacho after the Fifa Under 17s.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
Recall that Kelechi Iheanacho had been permitted by the Super Eagles handlers to depart the CHAN camp to formalize terms with the Citizens.
James Iheanacho, Kelechi’s dad, can also legally act as his agent per Fifa rules and regulations .
He claims he’s unaware of the u-turn made by his son and is doing all he can to make him stand by his decision to join Man City instead of Porto in Portugal.
Speaking to the electronic edition of Brila FM, James Iheanacho said : “I don’t know what is really happening but by Thursday I will find out more about this.
“But what I can say for now is that family members too are still pleading with him to sign for Manchester City.”
Furthermore, Kennedy Ezenwere, coach of the grassroots team that nurtured Kelechi Iheanacho has strongly hinted that his ward would prefer pitching his tent with Porto.
The reason being that it will take a long time for the youngster to break into the first team of Manchester City as the club is packed with talents .
He told brilafm.net: ““I really don’t know the terms of the agreement but I wish him well because his father says he wants him to go to Manchester City but Kelechi is saying that City is too big for him.”
The recent developments will be sweet music to the ears of the leaders of Monaco, Udinese, Arsenal, Chelsea and PAOK - the teams were interested in Kelechi Iheanacho after the Fifa Under 17s.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
Latest News
- Arsenal's 17yo forward Harriman-Annous receives first senior call up in 1-0 loss to Liverpool
- Bayern Munich turn attention to Lookman after failed move for Chelsea striker
- No reason to panic: Super Eagles GK Nwabali back in action for Chippa United ahead of WCQs
- 'Played his last game' – Rangers coach confirms Dessers is leaving the club before window closes
- Official: Lagos-born former Man Utd forward departs Ferencvaros after winning two league titles
- Onyedika decides: Super Eagles star makes choice amid Frankfurt, Monaco, Galatasaray interest
- Confirmed: After three loan spells, Super Eagles forward Dennis leaves Nottingham Forest for good
- 'Tough draw' – Osimhen on facing Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Man City in UCL league phase
- Arokodare jets out: Super Eagles striker departs Brussels for England to seal Wolves move
- 'Two positions' - Wolves boss wants reinforcements in attack and midfield amid links with Nigeria duo


News Categories
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Vsbet
- F168
- F168
- MB88
- keo nha cai
- Norwegian Football
- Football Betting
- Polish Football
- VT88
- VT88
- sunwin
- sunwin
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- SHBET
- F168
- F168
- F168
- hi88