Stephen Keshi Says He Has NOT Contacted Stefano Okaka
Published: April 29, 2014
Coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi has reacted to reports that suggested that Stefano Okaka was being courted by the Nigeria Federation to defend the colours of the National Team at Brazil 2014 World Cup.
The 24 - year - old striker had earlier told the press in Italy that he was in talks with officials of the Nigeria Federation.
Based on the pronouncement by Keshi, it appears the Sampdoria man was dealing with a wrong party as he is not in the plans of the coach now or even in the future.
“Stefano Okaka? I do not know him. This is the first time I am hearing his name. He is not on the 38 - man list and you just informed me about him, ” Keshi said in a statement.
Stefano Okaka remains eligible to sport the Nigerian jersey , having never played an official game for the Italian National Team.
Photo Credit: asromalive.it
The 24 - year - old striker had earlier told the press in Italy that he was in talks with officials of the Nigeria Federation.
Based on the pronouncement by Keshi, it appears the Sampdoria man was dealing with a wrong party as he is not in the plans of the coach now or even in the future.
“Stefano Okaka? I do not know him. This is the first time I am hearing his name. He is not on the 38 - man list and you just informed me about him, ” Keshi said in a statement.
Stefano Okaka remains eligible to sport the Nigerian jersey , having never played an official game for the Italian National Team.
Photo Credit: asromalive.it
Latest News
- 'An exciting player' – Former PL defender urges Chelsea to keep George after Delap's injury
- Man Utd legend blames Bassey and another Fulham player for Chelsea's first home goal of season
- Real Sociedad striker Sadiq pushes for Valencia loan move after Super Eagles omission
- 'Iwobi is the star man' – Sky Sports journalist backs Fulham ace to play key role v Chelsea
- New rival for Ola Aina as Nottingham Forest confirm signing of Juventus right-back
- 'It could be Uche' – Getafe president admits club may sell Wolves target before deadline day
- Super Eagles star joins Wolverhampton Wanderers in record-breaking deal, subject to medical
- England squads: 17 Nigerians called up including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Rangers starlets
- Nigeria squad announcement: Lookman, Osimhen, Iwobi, Aina, Dessers, 18 others called up for WCQs
- 'The club will update you' – Rangers manager deflects question on future of Dessers


News Categories
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Vsbet
- F168
- F168
- MB88
- keo nha cai
- Norwegian Football
- Football Betting
- Polish Football
- VT88
- VT88
- sunwin
- sunwin
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- SHBET
- F168
- F168
- F168
- F168
- hi88