Shola Ameobi On Target as Newcastle United End Poor RunPublished: May 03, 2014
Newcastle United ended their poor run of six consecutive defeats with a 3 - 0 win over bottom side Cardiff City on Saturday.
In the 18th minute, Nigeria international Shola Ameobi opened scoring for the Magpies before two late goals by Loic Remy and Steven Taylor sealed their 15th win of the season.
With this victory, Newcastle United maintained their 9th position in the standings, with only 2 points separating them from Stoke City who defeated another confirmed relegation candidate Fulham with the same margin.
Shola Ameobi has netted two goals in his last three matches for Newcastle in the English topflight.
He has made the starting lineup on 13 occasions this season.
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football