Keshi Admits He Faces Selection Headache
Published: June 02, 2014
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has gone back on his word, and has admitted that he faces a selection headache, with hours if not minutes remaining before he unveils to the public the 23 - man squad list nominated to grace the World Cup.
Thirty hopefuls are in Philadelphia, United States preparing for the showpiece event, and from what he has seen so far, everyone deserves to make the trip to Brazil.
“These players have all convinced me of their abilities but they are also confusing me on who to drop or not to drop.
“It’s a difficult decision to make regarding the naming of the final 23 players, but we have no choice but to do it, otherwise we will be failing in our duties.
“The players have been so committed, so professional that you feel like shedding a tear because some of them must just go home,”Stephen Keshi said.
Football governing body, Fifa, has mandated each national association to submit its squad for the World Cup unfailingly before the end of today, Monday.
Thirty hopefuls are in Philadelphia, United States preparing for the showpiece event, and from what he has seen so far, everyone deserves to make the trip to Brazil.
“These players have all convinced me of their abilities but they are also confusing me on who to drop or not to drop.
“It’s a difficult decision to make regarding the naming of the final 23 players, but we have no choice but to do it, otherwise we will be failing in our duties.
“The players have been so committed, so professional that you feel like shedding a tear because some of them must just go home,”Stephen Keshi said.
Football governing body, Fifa, has mandated each national association to submit its squad for the World Cup unfailingly before the end of today, Monday.
Latest News
- Super Eagles star joins Wolverhampton Wanderers in record-breaking deal, subject to medical
- England squads: 17 Nigerians called up including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Rangers starlets
- Nigeria squad announcement: Lookman, Osimhen, Iwobi, Aina, Dessers, 18 others called up for WCQs
- 'The club will update you' – Rangers manager deflects question on future of Dessers
- 'In the Afcon, we lose players' - Wolves boss on striker search amid links with Arokodare
- 'There is still room' – Liverpool boss leaves door open for birthday boy Ngumoha in Arsenal clash
- 'Improved a lot' – Eddie Howe hails Osula's progress before Newcastle's trip to Leeds United
- From NPFL to Europe: LouisianaBettingHub.com covers betting angles
- Transfer update on Fulham's pursuit of AC Milan and Super Eagles winger Chukwueze
- Bayern compete with PL clubs, Roma and Leipzig to sign Chelsea forward George


News Categories
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Vsbet
- F168
- F168
- MB88
- keo nha cai
- Norwegian Football
- Football Betting
- Polish Football
- VT88
- VT88
- sunwin
- sunwin
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- SHBET
- F168
- F168
- F168
- F168
- hi88