Lazio Midfielder Eddy Onazi Appeals To NFF To Waive $5,000 Fine
Published: July 02, 2015
Eddy Onazi has officially written to the Nigeria Football Federation to waive the $5,000 imposed on him in the wake of his sending off during the African Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad last month.
The Lazio midfielder apologized to the Federation for his dismissal but pointed out that he was provoked by a Chadian player shortly after the Super Eagles were awarded a penalty.
“Also, I had volunteered to attend the two matches that I have since been punished for by CAF both at home and away, to support my teammates.
“I believe this is an amenable punishment and therefore appeal for the further fine of $5,000 that was imposed on me by the NFF,” said Eddy Onazi.
Immediately after the match, the former Golden Eaglets star had tendered an unreserved apology to his teammates and Nigerians.
Onazi will miss Nigeria’s next two fixtures in the qualifying series against Tanzania and Egypt.
The Lazio midfielder apologized to the Federation for his dismissal but pointed out that he was provoked by a Chadian player shortly after the Super Eagles were awarded a penalty.
“Also, I had volunteered to attend the two matches that I have since been punished for by CAF both at home and away, to support my teammates.
“I believe this is an amenable punishment and therefore appeal for the further fine of $5,000 that was imposed on me by the NFF,” said Eddy Onazi.
Immediately after the match, the former Golden Eaglets star had tendered an unreserved apology to his teammates and Nigerians.
Onazi will miss Nigeria’s next two fixtures in the qualifying series against Tanzania and Egypt.
Latest News
- Super Eagles star joins Wolverhampton Wanderers in record-breaking deal, subject to medical
- England squads: 17 Nigerians called up including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Rangers starlets
- Nigeria squad announcement: Lookman, Osimhen, Iwobi, Aina, Dessers, 18 others called up for WCQs
- 'The club will update you' – Rangers manager deflects question on future of Dessers
- 'In the Afcon, we lose players' - Wolves boss on striker search amid links with Arokodare
- 'There is still room' – Liverpool boss leaves door open for birthday boy Ngumoha in Arsenal clash
- 'Improved a lot' – Eddie Howe hails Osula's progress before Newcastle's trip to Leeds United
- From NPFL to Europe: LouisianaBettingHub.com covers betting angles
- Transfer update on Fulham's pursuit of AC Milan and Super Eagles winger Chukwueze
- Bayern compete with PL clubs, Roma and Leipzig to sign Chelsea forward George


News Categories
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Vsbet
- F168
- F168
- MB88
- keo nha cai
- Norwegian Football
- Football Betting
- Polish Football
- VT88
- VT88
- sunwin
- sunwin
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- SHBET
- F168
- F168
- F168
- F168
- hi88