Taiye Taiwo FinedPublished: February 07, 2010
Nigeria defender Taye Taiwo has been fined by his French club Olympique Marseille for rejoining the team late from the Africa Cup of Nations in Angola.
Taiwo has been fined three days’ pay by OM for reporting back to France four days late, according to the newspaper La Provence.
This will not be the first time that the left back has been sanctioned by Marseille for late reporting.
Several other Nigeria stars including skipper Nwankwo Kanu also found themselves in hot water for not teaming up with their European clubs immediately after the Nations Cup in Angola.
Football News 24/7
- Iwobi Discusses That Sensational Goal Against Chelsea In Europa League Final
- Top Six Players Who Would Surely Get Their Chances With The Super Eagles After AFCON
- The Four Key Players In Super Eagles Africa Cup of Nations Squad
- The Eight Clubs Interested In Signing Former Arsenal Striker Aneke
- Confirmed : Scottish Giants Rangers Loan In Sheyi Ojo From Liverpool
- Official : Former Super Eagles Invitee Noah Bazee Joins FC Augsburg
- Leon Balogun Or Omeruo? Troost-Ekong Quizzed On His Best Defensive Partner
- Prolific Nigerian Striker Departs Manchester United, Rejects New Deal
- Five Nigerian Stars Linked With Moves To Premier League Clubs
- Super Eagles Hit By Sickness Bug; Hold First Training Session In Alexandria 1700 Hours
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football