Victor Moses Withdraws From Nigeria Squad
Published: October 05, 2015
Chelsea loanee Victor Moses has withdrawn from the Super Eagles upcoming friendlies against Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroon, citing the need to avoid injury.
It means Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh will have a maximum of 23 players to choose from, with another Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo pulling out of the squad after picking up a hamstring injury at the tail end of last month.
“We have no choice now but to work with the other players who are available,” Oliseh said in a statement.
“The fact that the other batch of players from home were not issued their visas last week is also setting us back because we would really want to take advantage of the time to put in a lot of work.”
Victor Moses has not featured for the 2013 African champions since the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, when he was in action for 89 minutes in the 2 - 0 loss to France.
It means Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh will have a maximum of 23 players to choose from, with another Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo pulling out of the squad after picking up a hamstring injury at the tail end of last month.
“We have no choice now but to work with the other players who are available,” Oliseh said in a statement.
“The fact that the other batch of players from home were not issued their visas last week is also setting us back because we would really want to take advantage of the time to put in a lot of work.”
Victor Moses has not featured for the 2013 African champions since the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, when he was in action for 89 minutes in the 2 - 0 loss to France.
Latest News
- Super Eagles star joins Wolverhampton Wanderers in record-breaking deal, subject to medical
- England squads: 17 Nigerians called up including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Rangers starlets
- Nigeria squad announcement: Lookman, Osimhen, Iwobi, Aina, Dessers, 18 others called up for WCQs
- 'The club will update you' – Rangers manager deflects question on future of Dessers
- 'In the Afcon, we lose players' - Wolves boss on striker search amid links with Arokodare
- 'There is still room' – Liverpool boss leaves door open for birthday boy Ngumoha in Arsenal clash
- 'Improved a lot' – Eddie Howe hails Osula's progress before Newcastle's trip to Leeds United
- From NPFL to Europe: LouisianaBettingHub.com covers betting angles
- Transfer update on Fulham's pursuit of AC Milan and Super Eagles winger Chukwueze
- Bayern compete with PL clubs, Roma and Leipzig to sign Chelsea forward George


News Categories
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Vsbet
- F168
- F168
- MB88
- keo nha cai
- Norwegian Football
- Football Betting
- Polish Football
- VT88
- VT88
- sunwin
- sunwin
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- SHBET
- F168
- F168
- F168
- F168
- hi88