Seattle Sounders Hero Obafemi Martins Calls On Fans To Be Patient With Sunday Oliseh
Published: December 03, 2015
Seattle Sounders marksman Obafemi Martins has spoken about his recall to the national team after spending two years in the international wilderness until he was given a lifeline by coach Sunday Oliseh.
The FC Ebedei product assisted the Super Eagles advance to the third and final round of the World Cup qualifiers, featuring twice off the bench in the 2 - 0 win on aggregate over Swaziland in November.
“I want to thank the officials and coach for giving me this great opportunity to come back to the national team, it has been a while and I am just so excited to see the players, ” says Obafemi Martins to NFF’s official Youtube account.
“There are a lot of young talented players now that are doing so great, still I am happy to be part of it.”
The former Inter Milan and Newcastle United star says he wasn’t disturbed that he had been overlooked by coach Stephen Keshi and has urged the Super Eagles faithful to be patient with the new manager and players.
“I am not going to blame them because we are about 170 million and at the end of the day they should be patient with the coach and the new players that are in the national team.
“The more we build the players, the more the team is going to be solid so I am just going to say to the fans to be more patient with the coach and players.
“I am not here to take anybody’s position, the coach is always going to decide who to play or not.
“At the end of the day I am here to support the team and when I am called upon to play or start, I will be ready. ”
Martins has notched 18 goals in 41 appearances for the Super Eagles since his debut against the Republic of Ireland in May 2004.
Photo Credit : mlssoccer.com
The FC Ebedei product assisted the Super Eagles advance to the third and final round of the World Cup qualifiers, featuring twice off the bench in the 2 - 0 win on aggregate over Swaziland in November.
“I want to thank the officials and coach for giving me this great opportunity to come back to the national team, it has been a while and I am just so excited to see the players, ” says Obafemi Martins to NFF’s official Youtube account.
“There are a lot of young talented players now that are doing so great, still I am happy to be part of it.”
The former Inter Milan and Newcastle United star says he wasn’t disturbed that he had been overlooked by coach Stephen Keshi and has urged the Super Eagles faithful to be patient with the new manager and players.
“I am not going to blame them because we are about 170 million and at the end of the day they should be patient with the coach and the new players that are in the national team.
“The more we build the players, the more the team is going to be solid so I am just going to say to the fans to be more patient with the coach and players.
“I am not here to take anybody’s position, the coach is always going to decide who to play or not.
“At the end of the day I am here to support the team and when I am called upon to play or start, I will be ready. ”
Martins has notched 18 goals in 41 appearances for the Super Eagles since his debut against the Republic of Ireland in May 2004.
Photo Credit : mlssoccer.com
Latest News
- Man Utd legend blames Bassey and another Fulham player for Chelsea's first home goal of season
- Real Sociedad striker Sadiq pushes for Valencia loan move after Super Eagles omission
- 'Iwobi is the star man' – Sky Sports journalist backs Fulham ace to play key role v Chelsea
- New rival for Ola Aina as Nottingham Forest confirm signing of Juventus right-back
- 'It could be Uche' – Getafe president admits club may sell Wolves target before deadline day
- Super Eagles star joins Wolverhampton Wanderers in record-breaking deal, subject to medical
- England squads: 17 Nigerians called up including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Rangers starlets
- Nigeria squad announcement: Lookman, Osimhen, Iwobi, Aina, Dessers, 18 others called up for WCQs
- 'The club will update you' – Rangers manager deflects question on future of Dessers
- 'In the Afcon, we lose players' - Wolves boss on striker search amid links with Arokodare


News Categories
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Vsbet
- F168
- F168
- MB88
- keo nha cai
- Norwegian Football
- Football Betting
- Polish Football
- VT88
- VT88
- sunwin
- sunwin
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- SHBET
- F168
- F168
- F168
- F168
- hi88