Dream Team Players Call Off Bonus - Row Strike
Published: December 11, 2015
Nigeria ambassador to Senegal and Mauritania, Katyen Jackden, has promised players of the Dream Team VI that their outstanding bonuses, thought to be approximately $126,000, will be paid before the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations final against Algeria on Saturday.
Allnigeriasoccer.com broke the news on Thursday that the Nigeria U23s were planning to boycott the showpiece game tomorrow at Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor, Dakar unless they were paid their entitlements.
“Since yesterday, the President has been in touch with me, same as the Minister for Sports, that I should tell you to be rest assured that your complaints have reached their table, and hopefully before Saturday you will get what is due you, ” Jackden said to thenff.com
“I want to therefore use this opportunity to appeal to you to call of your strike, go back to training and win the trophy for the nation, Mr. President and your family, so far I want to say you all have been great ambassadors of the nation, and am proud of you all.”
Speaking on behalf of his teammates, skipper Azubuike Okechukwu said the players have decided to call off their strike and will return to training following the appeal from the President, Muhammadu Buhari.
Photo Credit : thenff.com
Allnigeriasoccer.com broke the news on Thursday that the Nigeria U23s were planning to boycott the showpiece game tomorrow at Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor, Dakar unless they were paid their entitlements.
“Since yesterday, the President has been in touch with me, same as the Minister for Sports, that I should tell you to be rest assured that your complaints have reached their table, and hopefully before Saturday you will get what is due you, ” Jackden said to thenff.com
“I want to therefore use this opportunity to appeal to you to call of your strike, go back to training and win the trophy for the nation, Mr. President and your family, so far I want to say you all have been great ambassadors of the nation, and am proud of you all.”
Speaking on behalf of his teammates, skipper Azubuike Okechukwu said the players have decided to call off their strike and will return to training following the appeal from the President, Muhammadu Buhari.
Photo Credit : thenff.com
Latest News
- Galatasaray equal two club records as Osimhen delivers in Rizespor clash
- Tough day for Crystal Palace loanee: Goodman sent off in milestone 100th senior game
- 'Great delivery' – Ex-Leeds forward hails Onyeka for assist in Brentford's loss to Sunderland
- Nigeria-eligible defender scores on Werder Bremen debut two days after joining from Leeds
- Not just Chukwueze and Otele: Fulham add another Nigerian to winger shortlist
- 'An exciting player' – Former PL defender urges Chelsea to keep George after Delap's injury
- Man Utd legend blames Bassey and another Fulham player for Chelsea's first home goal of season
- Real Sociedad striker Sadiq pushes for Valencia loan move after Super Eagles omission
- 'Iwobi is the star man' – Sky Sports journalist backs Fulham ace to play key role v Chelsea
- New rival for Ola Aina as Nottingham Forest confirm signing of Juventus right-back


News Categories
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Vsbet
- F168
- F168
- MB88
- keo nha cai
- Norwegian Football
- Football Betting
- Polish Football
- VT88
- VT88
- sunwin
- sunwin
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- SHBET
- F168
- F168
- F168
- F168
- hi88