Liverpool Boss On Solanke's First Goal For Club: Nice & Well DeservedPublished: May 13, 2018
Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopp has applauded Nigerian Federation target Dominic Solanke for scoring his first goal for the club in their 4-0 rout of Brighton & Hove Albion on the final day of the Premier League season.
The England U21 international fired a rising effort past Seagulls goalkeeper Mathew Ryan after he was played in by Mohamed Salah in the 53rd minute to give the Reds a three-goal cushion.
Solanke had not scored in 26 matches across all competitions before opening his account this afternoon at Anfield.
''Nice! For Dom, we are so happy to have him but the season is long [with] ups and downs for a young player, especially if you don’t play often, that’s how it is,'' Klopp told reporters.
''The start was brilliant and then he had no chance to play because the other boys played fantastic and then he was a little bit in this kind of a hole.
''Since three or four weeks he is back and it is really nice to see him. Today he showed it, the game started difficult, little slip there and losing balls and things like that, a big chance - and then he was involved in nearly all the dangerous situations.
''It was really nice and the goal was then, I didn’t see it back until now, but it looked like it was quite a good one and I am happy for him. He had a big smile on his face after the game. Well deserved.''
Next up for Solanke and his Liverpool teammates is the Champions League final against holders Real Madrid at NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Kiev on 26 May.
Photo Credit : liverpoolfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Captain Vs Libya, Ahmed Musa Admits Games Were Not Easy
- Rohr Hails Libya Team: They Deserve To Qualify For 2019 AFCON
- Nigeria U20s Set To Beef Up Squad With Goztepe Striker Dubbed 'The New Emmanuel Adebayor'
- Ex-Super Eagles LB Udeze Lauds German-Based Jamilu Collins, Reveals Roberto Carlos Influence
- Teenage Nigerian Defender Making A Name For Himself, Trains With Arsenal Stars Ozil, Bellerín
- More Super Eagles Players Reactions: Aina Aims Sly Dig At Critics; Ogu Happy To Play First Competitive Game In Five Years
- Super Eagles Lucky Charm Ighalo Is AFCONQ Leading Scorer Ahead Of Anderlecht, Liverpool Strikers
- Internationals: Tomori, Abraham, Solanke, Onomah, Eyoma Start For Young Lions; Oko-Flex & Lookman Benched; Nmecha Missing
- Super Eagles Fans Are All Saying The Same Thing About Ndidi After Picking Up Yellow Card Vs Libya
- What Chelsea, Leicester City Said About Nigeria's Thrilling 3-2 Win Over Libya
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football