English Press View On Moses Display Vs Man Utd : Covered Pogba, Made An Impact, Did OKPublished: May 19, 2018
Super Eagles winger Victor Moses was rated highly in Chelsea's FA Cup win Saturday evening against Manchester United at the Wembley Stadium.
Eden Hazard's penalty handed the Blues the title as the game finished 1-0 despite numerous chances including a cleverly chipped ball by Moses in the United box that was handled by Ashley Young albeit referee Michael Oliver failed to award Antonio Conte's men another spot kick.
London based website, West London Sport wrote: "Victor Moses: 7. He covered a stupendous amount of ground often and still made an impact in both areas.
"Ashley Young got the better of him on occasions but it was down to having to push on and being left exposed rather than poor defensive work."
Daily Mail in their assessment of the Nigerian who has made Nigeria's provisional squad for the World Cup stated:
"Made sure to cover Paul Pogba if the Frenchman floated further to United's left. Young gave him problems to deal."
The reputable news site handed Moses a 6/10 for his efforts in the final.
And Mirror UK also gave the wingback a 6 out of 10.
"Spent most of the game defending, did OK but his strengths are going forward."
Moses who has now joined the exclusive of Nigerian players to lift the FA Cup trophy along with the likes of Nwankwo Kanu, Celestine Babayaro, John Utaka and Alex Iwobi was red carded in the final of the same competition in 2017 for simulation in the 2-1 defeat to Arsenal.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Huddersfield Town Nigerian Star In A Race Against The Clock To Be Fit To Face Liverpool
- Super Eagles Captain Vs Libya, Ahmed Musa Admits Games Were Not Easy
- Rohr Hails Libya Team: They Deserve To Qualify For 2019 AFCON
- Nigeria U20s Set To Beef Up Squad With Goztepe Striker Dubbed 'The New Emmanuel Adebayor'
- Ex-Super Eagles LB Udeze Lauds German-Based Jamilu Collins, Reveals Roberto Carlos Influence
- Teenage Nigerian Defender Making A Name For Himself, Trains With Arsenal Stars Ozil, Bellerín
- More Super Eagles Players Reactions: Aina Aims Sly Dig At Critics; Ogu Happy To Play First Competitive Game In Five Years
- Super Eagles Lucky Charm Ighalo Is AFCONQ Leading Scorer Ahead Of Anderlecht, Liverpool Strikers
- Internationals: Tomori, Abraham, Solanke, Onomah, Eyoma Start For Young Lions; Oko-Flex & Lookman Benched; Nmecha Missing
- Super Eagles Fans Are All Saying The Same Thing About Ndidi After Picking Up Yellow Card Vs Libya
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football