English Press View On Moses Display Vs Man Utd : Covered Pogba, Made An Impact, Did OKPublished: May 19, 2018
Super Eagles winger Victor Moses was rated highly in Chelsea's FA Cup win Saturday evening against Manchester United at the Wembley Stadium.
Eden Hazard's penalty handed the Blues the title as the game finished 1-0 despite numerous chances including a cleverly chipped ball by Moses in the United box that was handled by Ashley Young albeit referee Michael Oliver failed to award Antonio Conte's men another spot kick.
London based website, West London Sport wrote: "Victor Moses: 7. He covered a stupendous amount of ground often and still made an impact in both areas.
"Ashley Young got the better of him on occasions but it was down to having to push on and being left exposed rather than poor defensive work."
Daily Mail in their assessment of the Nigerian who has made Nigeria's provisional squad for the World Cup stated:
"Made sure to cover Paul Pogba if the Frenchman floated further to United's left. Young gave him problems to deal."
The reputable news site handed Moses a 6/10 for his efforts in the final.
And Mirror UK also gave the wingback a 6 out of 10.
"Spent most of the game defending, did OK but his strengths are going forward."
Moses who has now joined the exclusive of Nigerian players to lift the FA Cup trophy along with the likes of Nwankwo Kanu, Celestine Babayaro, John Utaka and Alex Iwobi was red carded in the final of the same competition in 2017 for simulation in the 2-1 defeat to Arsenal.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football