Rotherham United's Nigerian Quartet Promoted To EFL ChampionshipPublished: May 27, 2018
Rotherham United's Nigerian contingent of Michael Ihiekwe, Joshua Emmanuel, Semi Ajayi and Joshua Kayode would be playing in the Sky Bet Championship next season after beating Shrewsbury Town 2-1 in the final of the League One play-offs at Wembley on Sunday evening.
While the duo of Ihiekwe and teenage starlet, Kayode were not in action for the Millers in the decider, former Arsenal youth-teamer, Semi Ajayi and Joshua Emmanuel went the distance for the team.
Ajayi and Emmanuel were one of the most important players for the club who finished fourth in League One last term, playing 38 and 34 times respectively for the club, with the former scoring four goals.
Ihiekwe on his part, played 33 games scoring once while Kayode who put pen to paper for his first professional contract with the club in November last year is yet to be handed his league debut.
The three first teamers were involved for the promoted club in their semifinal double-headers against Scunthorpe which saw them best their rivals 4-2 on aggregate over both legs to move into the final.
A Richard Wood' double either side of Alex Rodman's effort for Town ensured Paul Warne's side edged the tightly contested encounter which lingered into extra time to return to the second tier of English football.
Football News 24/7
- Bordeaux's Super Eagles Winger Rated Worst Player On Pitch After Duel With Neymar, Mbappe
- Bukayo Saka Hype Reaches Fever Pitch As Barcelona, Man Utd Legends Jump On The Bandwagon
- Impossible To Snub : Dessers Sends Message To Rohr With 18th Goal Ahead Of Squad Announcement
- Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool Suffer Blow In Pursuit Of Lille Goal Poacher Osimhen
- Everton's Iwobi Receives Standing Ovation From Arsenal Fans On His Return To The Emirates
- Arsenal Coach Arteta Hails Saka For Offensive Contribution Against Everton
- Rangers Coach Gerrard Frustrated After Draw Vs St. Johnstone Despite Aribo's Heroics
- Mikel Arteta Explains Why He Benched Arsenal New Hero Saka Against Everton
- 'He Was Unfortunate Not To Score Against Chelsea' - Ex-Man Utd Defender On Ighalo Being An Impact Player
- Coronavirus : No Italian Serie A Action For Chelsea Product Aina And Victor Moses
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football