Everton Loanee Henry Sends Warning To Anderlecht : I Am Not StayingPublished: May 29, 2018
Nigeria international Henry Onyekuru has decided not to renew his loan deal with Anderlecht despite the Belgian powerhouse reaching an agreement with Everton for an additional season.
The Everton loanee has argued that his relationship with Anderlecht manager Hein Vanhaezebrouck has gone sour and this contributed to the coach's decision not to field him despite returning to fitness in the tail-end of the 2017-18 campaign.
''I was fit, but I did not play. So I'm not staying with Anderlecht,'' said Onyekuru to Het Laatste Nieuws.
''He (Vanhaezebrouck ) has not spoken to me for weeks. I know what he said about me.
''Thanks to the media, I had to learn that I was not ready, so to speak, I have worked very hard in the last few months to come back. This was not enough for some.''
Onyekuru has sensationally revealed that Anderlecht blocked his chances of representing Nigeria at the World Cup.
''Anderlecht knew I needed the World Cup to get a work permit to play in England, and by not making me play, the chances of going to Russia were nil, and so I could not join the Premier League, that may be how Anderlecht hopes to keep me for another year, a ridiculous reasoning: I can go anywhere,'' he added.
Onyekuru scored 10 goals in 28 appearances in all competitions for Anderlecht before sustaining a serious knee injury against Eupen in December 2017.
Photo Credit : twitter.com/henryconyekuru
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Captain Vs Libya, Ahmed Musa Admits Games Were Not Easy
- Rohr Hails Libya Team: They Deserve To Qualify For 2019 AFCON
- Nigeria U20s Set To Beef Up Squad With Goztepe Striker Dubbed 'The New Emmanuel Adebayor'
- Ex-Super Eagles LB Udeze Lauds German-Based Jamilu Collins, Reveals Roberto Carlos Influence
- Teenage Nigerian Defender Making A Name For Himself, Trains With Arsenal Stars Ozil, Bellerín
- More Super Eagles Players Reactions: Aina Aims Sly Dig At Critics; Ogu Happy To Play First Competitive Game In Five Years
- Super Eagles Lucky Charm Ighalo Is AFCONQ Leading Scorer Ahead Of Anderlecht, Liverpool Strikers
- Internationals: Tomori, Abraham, Solanke, Onomah, Eyoma Start For Young Lions; Oko-Flex & Lookman Benched; Nmecha Missing
- Super Eagles Fans Are All Saying The Same Thing About Ndidi After Picking Up Yellow Card Vs Libya
- What Chelsea, Leicester City Said About Nigeria's Thrilling 3-2 Win Over Libya
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football