Rohr Expects 20,000 Iceland Fans In Volgograd Stadium BUT He Got His Figures WrongPublished: June 21, 2018
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr expects 20,000 Icelandic supporters to be among the spectators at the Volgograd Arena when the Super Eagles tackle the Nordic country in their second match of the 2018 World Cup on Friday, June 22.
However, Rohr has got his figures wrong as the Football Association of Iceland (KSí) has confirmed that only 2000-3000 of their fans will attend the game.
Asked if the temperature will be more of an advantage to Nigeria than Iceland, Rohr answered : ''Let's have a little advantage also, we have already 20,000 from Iceland, it will be an away game for us, we already had in Kaliningrad about 25,000 Croatian people and only 250 from Nigeria, so it will be the same tomorrow.
''Perhaps the temperature is better for the African players, it is possible, but you know a lot of them are playing in Europe and they are not so used to it now. If it is an advantage, we will try and take advantage of it.''
On his tactics for the game against Iceland as compared to the World Cup opener vs Croatia, Rohr said : ''The tactics is something I don't want to speak about with journalists, I speak about it with my players.
''We will have tactics to win the match, and which one exactly I cannot tell you. Before the last game, we had a good organization but we lost the match, not because of the organization or the tactics, we conceded two stupid goals, own goal and penalty so we must be ready with a good organization against a different team from Iceland, it's different from Croatia.''
Thursday afternoon's press conference was attended by Gernot Rohr, goalkeeper Francis Uzoho and the team's Media Officer Toyin Ibitoye.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea Hail Nigerian Defender For Performance Against Blackburn Rovers
- German Bundesliga Top Super Sub Anthony Ujah Helps Set New Record
- Iwobi Rated Arsenal's Best Player In Europa League Tie Vs FC Vorskla
- Dual Eligible PSV Wonderkid Is The Secret Weapon Libya Plan To Unleash Against Nigeria
- UEL Wrap: Moses, Sadiq & Deji Benched; Chukwueze Debuts; Iwobi Assists; Odey Starts; Kalu Booked
- Villarreal Pull Off Surprise NO ONE Saw Coming After Naming Ex-Flying Eagles Dazzler In Squad
- Official: Nigerian Striker Ends Seven-Year Association With Italian Champions Juventus
- NFF Elections: Pinnick, Akinwunmi, Gusau Remain In The Saddle After Comprehensive Wins
- Basketball Games Live
- Golden Eaglets Last Batch Finally Depart Republic of Niger, Stopover In Lome
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football