Eagles Star Aina Changes Shirt Number At Chelsea As Five Nigerians Are Assigned Squad NumbersPublished: August 07, 2018
Through their official website, Chelsea have confirmed their squad numbers ahead of their opening match of the Checkatrade Trophy against Swindon Town at the Energy Check County Ground on Tuesday evening.
Five young Nigerian stars in the shape of Ola Aina, Ike Ugbo, Fikayo Tomori, Tariq Uwakwe and Faustino Anjorin have been registered for the competition and allocated shirt numbers by the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Super Eagles defender Aina has dropped the number 34 jersey and will play with the number 41 kit in the upcoming season, while Tomori, who completed his loan move to Derby County on Monday, has been assigned the number 45.
Striker Ike Ugbo, midfielders Uwakwe and Anjorin will have the numbers 43, 57 and 64 respectively on the back of their shirts.
Aina debuted in the EFL Trophy against Oxford United back in the 2016-17 season, his only appearance to date; Tomori has played two matches, Ugbo three, while teenagers Anjorin and Uwakwe will be hoping to make their maiden appearance this term.
Chelsea have been drawn in Southern Group C alongside Swindon Town, Newport County and Plymouth Argyle, and will advance to the last 32 if they finish among the top two in their group.
Photo Credit : Instagram.com/olaaina2
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football