Official : Chelsea Loanee Tomori Finally Credited With First Professional Goal For Derby CountyPublished: August 17, 2018
Chelsea's Nigerian defender Fikayo Tomori has finally been credited with his first ever professional goal for Derby County, the organizers of the Carabao Cup, the EFL informed on Friday.
Derby County's first goal in Tuesday’s 2-0 win at Oldham Athletic was initially awarded as an own goal by Sam Graham by several media outlets but The Rams contacted the EFL over the goal confusion.
Tomori profited from a Harry Wilson delivery to steer home in the first half, and it was earlier reported that Graham had the last touch, but the Dubious Goals Committee has decided to officially credit the goal to the England U21 star after reviewing the footage.
Last season, the center back thought he had scored his first senior goal in Hull City's 5-5 draw against Bristol City when his downward header hit the woodwork onto goalkeeper Frank Fielding and into the net but the goal eventually went down as an own goal.
As a result of the ruling by the Dubious Goals Committee, it means Tomori netted his first career goal in his 39th game as a professional.
The 20-year-old has scored eight goals in total for Chelsea U18, U19 and U23 teams.
Photo Credit : dcfc.co.uk
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football