Tottenham Hotspur Set The Record Straight On The Defender Sent Off Against LiverpoolPublished: August 18, 2018
Tottenham Hotspur have set the record straight on the identity of the player that was sent off in their impressive 1-1 draw against Liverpool in a Premier League 2 encounter at Anfield on Friday evening.
Spurs had erroneously tweeted that Nigerian defender Timothy Eyoma took the walk of shame in the second minute after handling McAuley's effort on the line, but clarified in their official match report that Tanganga was the player sent off.
The 18-year-old Eyoma put in an excellent defensive display as Spurs had to play with ten men for 88 minutes.
A top source who watched the game told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''It was Japhet Tanganga that handled the ball on the line, TJ Eyoma was absolutely superb at soaking up relentless pressure after Japh was sent off.
''No idea why Spurs got it wrong, Liverpool TV also got it wrong throughout the commentary''.
Bobby Adekanye gave Liverpool the lead in the 14th minute but both teams were level at the break, with Marcus Edwards cancelling out the strike by the Nigerian in the 23rd minute.
With Eyoma going the distance against the Reds, he will definitely not feature for the first team when they take on Fulham in a London derby on Saturday afternoon.
The England U18 international made his first team debut in a pre-season friendly against AC Milan on August 1, helping goalkeepers Vorm and Gazzaniga to post a shutout.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football