Tottenham Hotspur Set The Record Straight On The Defender Sent Off Against LiverpoolPublished: August 18, 2018
Tottenham Hotspur have set the record straight on the identity of the player that was sent off in their impressive 1-1 draw against Liverpool in a Premier League 2 encounter at Anfield on Friday evening.
Spurs had erroneously tweeted that Nigerian defender Timothy Eyoma took the walk of shame in the second minute after handling McAuley's effort on the line, but clarified in their official match report that Tanganga was the player sent off.
The 18-year-old Eyoma put in an excellent defensive display as Spurs had to play with ten men for 88 minutes.
A top source who watched the game told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''It was Japhet Tanganga that handled the ball on the line, TJ Eyoma was absolutely superb at soaking up relentless pressure after Japh was sent off.
''No idea why Spurs got it wrong, Liverpool TV also got it wrong throughout the commentary''.
Bobby Adekanye gave Liverpool the lead in the 14th minute but both teams were level at the break, with Marcus Edwards cancelling out the strike by the Nigerian in the 23rd minute.
With Eyoma going the distance against the Reds, he will definitely not feature for the first team when they take on Fulham in a London derby on Saturday afternoon.
The England U18 international made his first team debut in a pre-season friendly against AC Milan on August 1, helping goalkeepers Vorm and Gazzaniga to post a shutout.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Captain Koscielny Reveals Four Qualities Of Iwobi & Winger's Two Weaknesses
- Nigerian Striker On Target In Shootout As Man Utd Qualify For Premier League National Finals
- Sunderland's Nigeria Target Maja Named In EFL Team Of the Week
- Victor Moses In Contention To Face Liverpool In League Cup As Pedro Misses Training
- Iwobi Gets Good Ratings Despite Playing For 21 Minutes Vs Everton
- The Real Reason Chelsea Loanee Omeruo Was Omitted From Leganes Match Day Squad
- Nigerian Striker Nets Winner For Liverpool In Win Against Umotong's Brighton & Hove
- Udinese's Troost-Ekong Is Player Of The Week, But Who Else Made The Nigerian TOTW
- Super Eagles Hopeful Blessing Eleke Awarded Goal Of The Month In Switzerland
- Arsenal Coach Emery Explains Why Lacazette Was Not Taken Off For Iwobi Just Before First Goal
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football