Tottenham Hotspur Set The Record Straight On The Defender Sent Off Against LiverpoolPublished: August 18, 2018
Tottenham Hotspur have set the record straight on the identity of the player that was sent off in their impressive 1-1 draw against Liverpool in a Premier League 2 encounter at Anfield on Friday evening.
Spurs had erroneously tweeted that Nigerian defender Timothy Eyoma took the walk of shame in the second minute after handling McAuley's effort on the line, but clarified in their official match report that Tanganga was the player sent off.
The 18-year-old Eyoma put in an excellent defensive display as Spurs had to play with ten men for 88 minutes.
A top source who watched the game told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''It was Japhet Tanganga that handled the ball on the line, TJ Eyoma was absolutely superb at soaking up relentless pressure after Japh was sent off.
''No idea why Spurs got it wrong, Liverpool TV also got it wrong throughout the commentary''.
Bobby Adekanye gave Liverpool the lead in the 14th minute but both teams were level at the break, with Marcus Edwards cancelling out the strike by the Nigerian in the 23rd minute.
With Eyoma going the distance against the Reds, he will definitely not feature for the first team when they take on Fulham in a London derby on Saturday afternoon.
The England U18 international made his first team debut in a pre-season friendly against AC Milan on August 1, helping goalkeepers Vorm and Gazzaniga to post a shutout.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
Football News 24/7
- Seven Flying Eagles Players Who Showed Promise In 2019 U20 AFCON
- Most Overpaid EPL Players Based On Minutes Played: Victor Moses, Okaka Make Top 10
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent On Target For Man Utd U16 In 5-0 Rout Of FK Poprad
- Fifty Hottest Prospects In English Football: Chelsea's Anjorin, Arsenal's Saka, Norwich's Idah Make List
- Ex-Bayern Munich Striker Adeyemi Named Among Most Experienced Youngsters In Europe
- Nigerian Striker Celebrates New Contract With Goal & Assist For Arsenal U18s
- Leon Balogun Injury Nightmare Strikes Again Ahead Of Rohr's AFCONQ Squad Announcement
- Uzoho Invalid Medical Certificate : Super Eagles GK Suspended One Game; Fined N405,000
- Official : Junior Ajayi Extends Al Ahly Contract Until 2022
- Liverpool Post Scout To Watch Everton Loanee Henry, Nwakaeme In Turkish Super Lig Match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football