Nigerian Winger Receives Praise From QPR Boss : He Was The Star Of The ShowPublished: August 29, 2018
Queen Park Rangers manager Steve McClaren had nothing but praise for one of his youngsters, Nigeria's Bright Osayi-Samuel following his dazzling performance in Rangers 3-1 victory over Bristol Rovers in the second round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday evening.
Just four minutes into the encounter at the Loftus Road, Osayi-Samuel invitee went on a solo run down the left-hand side after receiving a pass from teammate, Conor Washington before firing a brilliant shot into the bottom corner past Rovers glovesman, Andy Smith.
McClaren believes the winger was the standout player from the game and constantly looked a threat to the opposition defenders.
"I think Bright was the star of the show – he showed his pace, scored a great goal and was a constant threat the whole night,'' he told the club's website.
"It shows the attitude and togetherness of the squad that they can come in, be disciplined, organized and focused and put in a performance like that. I'm delighted
The No. 20 who joined the Championship club from Blackpool last year was action for 85 minutes, and aside his sensational goal put in an all-round performance to help his team into the next round of the tournament.
His compatriot and Tottenham's Academy product, Aramide Oteh will not come off the bench to taste action for the game though.
Osayi-Samuel and his mates are back in league action this weekend when they travel to the St Andrews Stadium to face Birmingham just before the international break.
Photo Credit : hullcitytigers.com
Football News 24/7
- 'I Enjoy These Kinds Of Stories' - Klopp Invites Liverpool Fan Akinfenwa To Trophy Parade
- Sheffield Wednesday's Dominic Iorfa, Son Of Ex-Super Eagles Striker, Named In Championship TOTW
- 19 And Counting : Crotone's Simy On The Cusp Of Equaling Personal Record For Goals In A Single Season
- Two Strikers Who Refused To Play For Super Eagles Keep Former Club Chelsea In Top Three
- Chukwueze Singled Out By Former Barcelona Winger For Causing Real Sociedad Problems
- Ighalo's Run Of 14 Consecutive Games Halted As Man Utd Drop Points Vs Southampton
- Queens Park Rangers End Of Season Awards : Eze, Osayi-Samuel Nominated For Three Awards Each
- Official : Etebo Retained By Stoke City; Flying Eagles Invitee Released
- 'It's Easier For Me To Be Super Eagles No.1' - Maduka Okoye's First Words After Sparta Rotterdam Move
- Newcastle United Interested In Signing Leicester City's Nigeria International Striker
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football