Nigerian Winger Receives Praise From QPR Boss : He Was The Star Of The ShowPublished: August 29, 2018
Queen Park Rangers manager Steve McClaren had nothing but praise for one of his youngsters, Nigeria's Bright Osayi-Samuel following his dazzling performance in Rangers 3-1 victory over Bristol Rovers in the second round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday evening.
Just four minutes into the encounter at the Loftus Road, Osayi-Samuel invitee went on a solo run down the left-hand side after receiving a pass from teammate, Conor Washington before firing a brilliant shot into the bottom corner past Rovers glovesman, Andy Smith.
McClaren believes the winger was the standout player from the game and constantly looked a threat to the opposition defenders.
"I think Bright was the star of the show – he showed his pace, scored a great goal and was a constant threat the whole night,'' he told the club's website.
"It shows the attitude and togetherness of the squad that they can come in, be disciplined, organized and focused and put in a performance like that. I'm delighted
The No. 20 who joined the Championship club from Blackpool last year was action for 85 minutes, and aside his sensational goal put in an all-round performance to help his team into the next round of the tournament.
His compatriot and Tottenham's Academy product, Aramide Oteh will not come off the bench to taste action for the game though.
Osayi-Samuel and his mates are back in league action this weekend when they travel to the St Andrews Stadium to face Birmingham just before the international break.
Photo Credit : hullcitytigers.com
Football News 24/7
- Man City's Dele-Bashiru Starts, Bournemouth's Ofoborh Bench As Nigeria Annouce Starting XI Vs Qatar U20
- The Best Young Talents In La Liga : Villarreal's Chukwueze Joins Barca's Dembele, Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr. On 12-Man List
- 2019 U20 World Cup: Senegal Star Delighted To Break Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record
- Ex-Flying Eagles Striker Warns Aigbogun's Team Of Tricky Opener Vs Qatar; Scared of Ukraine
- Manchester United Set To Part Company With Nigeria-Eligible Fullback
- Three Players To Watch Out For As Flying Eagles Begin Their World Cup Campaign
- How Nigeria Have Fared Previously In The FIFA U20 World Cup
- Manchester United On Brink Of Deal For Ajax Nigerian Wonderkid
- U20 World Cup : Senegal's Sagna Breaks Monday Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record For Fastest Goal
- 2019 U20 World Cup: NFF Reveal The Four Defenders Likely To Start Against Qatar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football