Liberia Vs Nigeria Not A Friendly: The FIFA Rules Broken By NFF & LFA; Caps & Goals Not AwardedPublished: September 12, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com can report that Nigeria will not be allocated points by FIFA for their 2-1 victory over Liberia in an international friendly staged in Monrovia on Tuesday evening ahead of the release of the new world ranking on Thursday, September 20.
At least two rules were broken by the Liberia Football Association and the Nigeria Football Federation during the game held at Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Stadium, so the game will not be recognized by FIFA.
The International Football Association Board (IFAB) which is the body that determines the Laws of the Game of association football states that for national “A” team friendly matches, a maximum of six substitutes may be used.
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr flouted that law when he introduced Enyimba pair Mfon Udoh and Sunday Adetunji in the second half, bringing his total number of substitutions to seven.
On 25 October 2012, FIFA sent a circular to all its members stating that the referee and assistant referees appointed to officiate friendly matches shall be from a neutral country unless otherwise previously agreed by the members concerned.
According to the match commentary from KMTV, a Liberian referee Montgomery officiated the game between Liberia Nigeria, thereby nullifying the game as an international.
Football News 24/7
- Rohr : Super Eagles Could Face Morocco In Pre-Africa Cup Of Nations Friendly
- Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid Adekanye
- Oshoala Receives Medical Green Light : Super Falcon Stars In Barcelona Win Vs Bayern
- Arsenal Boss Explains Motive Behind Introducing Iwobi After Half-Time Vs Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace Boss On Arsenal Team Selection : I Don't Regard Maitland-Niles, Iwobi As Back-up Players
- Golden Eaglets Face Guinea Who Are Being Investigated By CAF For Allegedly Falsifying Passports
- Ighalo Extends Scoring Run To Five Games & Could Equal Record Set At Watford Next Weekend
- Manchester United In Tanzania To Watch Golden Eaglets Stars, Africa's Hottest Young Prospects
- Uganda Coach Gives Three Reasons Why Golden Eaglets Will Go On And Win U17 AFCON
- UEL: Villarreal's Chukwueze Outshines Chelsea Superstar Hazard, Arsenal's Aubameyang In Two key Stats
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football