Liberia Vs Nigeria Not A Friendly: The FIFA Rules Broken By NFF & LFA; Caps & Goals Not AwardedPublished: September 12, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com can report that Nigeria will not be allocated points by FIFA for their 2-1 victory over Liberia in an international friendly staged in Monrovia on Tuesday evening ahead of the release of the new world ranking on Thursday, September 20.
At least two rules were broken by the Liberia Football Association and the Nigeria Football Federation during the game held at Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Stadium, so the game will not be recognized by FIFA.
The International Football Association Board (IFAB) which is the body that determines the Laws of the Game of association football states that for national “A” team friendly matches, a maximum of six substitutes may be used.
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr flouted that law when he introduced Enyimba pair Mfon Udoh and Sunday Adetunji in the second half, bringing his total number of substitutions to seven.
On 25 October 2012, FIFA sent a circular to all its members stating that the referee and assistant referees appointed to officiate friendly matches shall be from a neutral country unless otherwise previously agreed by the members concerned.
According to the match commentary from KMTV, a Liberian referee Montgomery officiated the game between Liberia Nigeria, thereby nullifying the game as an international.
Football News 24/7
- Ahmed Musa : Super Eagles Are Not Taking Uganda Game Like A Friendly
- Rohr Reveals The Identity Of The Goalkeeper Who Will Definitely Not Play Vs Uganda
- Ahmed Musa Urges Victor Moses To Reverse Decision To Retire From Super Eagles Ahead Of AFCON
- Bristol City Keeping Tabs On Prolific Nigerian Striker Who Is England's Top-Scoring Teen
- Why Rohr, NFF Permitted Chelsea Loanee Kenneth Omeruo To Depart Camp For London
- Official: Ex-Man City Midfielder Nwakali Parts Company With Rakow Czestochowa By Mutual Consent
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent Withdraw From England U21 Squad
- 'Leon Balogun Was Injured' - South Africa Dazzler Explains Why They Resorted To Long Balls
- Uganda Announce Match Day Squad For Tuesday's Friendly Against Super Eagles, Star Player Okwi Out
- Chelsea Loanee Ola Aina Will Not Train With Super Eagles Monday, Returns To Italy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football