Liberia Vs Nigeria Not A Friendly: The FIFA Rules Broken By NFF & LFA; Caps & Goals Not AwardedPublished: September 12, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com can report that Nigeria will not be allocated points by FIFA for their 2-1 victory over Liberia in an international friendly staged in Monrovia on Tuesday evening ahead of the release of the new world ranking on Thursday, September 20.
At least two rules were broken by the Liberia Football Association and the Nigeria Football Federation during the game held at Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Stadium, so the game will not be recognized by FIFA.
The International Football Association Board (IFAB) which is the body that determines the Laws of the Game of association football states that for national “A” team friendly matches, a maximum of six substitutes may be used.
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr flouted that law when he introduced Enyimba pair Mfon Udoh and Sunday Adetunji in the second half, bringing his total number of substitutions to seven.
On 25 October 2012, FIFA sent a circular to all its members stating that the referee and assistant referees appointed to officiate friendly matches shall be from a neutral country unless otherwise previously agreed by the members concerned.
According to the match commentary from KMTV, a Liberian referee Montgomery officiated the game between Liberia Nigeria, thereby nullifying the game as an international.
Football News 24/7
- Three Reasons Why Mikel Should Step Down For Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker
- Super Eagles Update : Kalu Has A History Of Heart Irregularities ; Collins Undergoes Light Training, Shehu Not Involved
- 'New Aubameyang' Responds To Newcastle United Transfer Links
- 2019 AFCON : Super Eagles First-Choice Right-Back Doubtful To Face Guinea
- Photo : 6ft 4in Nigerian Defender Inks New Two-Year Deal With Morecambe
- Arsenal Duo Azeez, Okonkwo Report For Pre-Season Training Next Week
- Nottingham Forest Interested In Signing Ex-Nigeria U20 Winger
- Guinea Coach Paul Put Ahead Of Nigeria Clash : I Know I Have A Big Game To Play Wednesday
- 'It's Now Or Never' - Tammy Abraham Confirms He'll Remain At Chelsea
- NFF Committee Will Meet Today To Investigate Golden Eaglets MRI Scandal; 36 Lion Boss Accuses NFF
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football