Everything You Need To Know About Nigerian Youngster Paolo Gozzi Iweru Named In Juventus UYL SquadPublished: September 18, 2018
Highly-rated Nigerian youngster Paolo Gozzi Iweru is in line to make his debut in the UEFA Youth League after he was included by Juventus in their squad list.
The Italian side have been drawn with Valencia, Young Boys and Manchester United in Group H of the UEFA Youth League.
Allnigeriasoccer.com contacted Juventus youth-team guru Giovani Bianconeri to provide the lowdown on the central defender, who is regarded as one of Nigeria's most promising teenagers in Europe at the moment.
1) Iweru was born on April 25, 2001 in Torino, Italy to Nigerian parents but was adopted by Italian parents in his early years.
2) The Italian Football Federation are ahead of the Nigerian Federation in the race to secure his services as he has been capped by Italy at U16, U17 and U19 level and became provisionally cap-tied to the Italians after starring at the 2018 European U17 Championship in England.
3) Iweru is now a central defender, but up until two years ago, he was a left winger and then a midfielder.
4) Described as a pacy and physical defender who knows how to read the game, he was promoted to Italy's U19 squad at the start of this season and made his debut for the age group against Croatia on August 14.
Photo Credit : juventus.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Coach Rohr Receives Good News From Italy Ahead Of Brazil Friendly
- Super Eagles Lose One Place In Latest FIFA Ranking, Now 34th In The World
- Brazil To Announce Squad For Nigeria Friendly Friday, Liverpool Star Definitely Out
- Chelsea In Talks With Nigerian Duo Over New Five-Year Contracts
- Femi Azeez Joins Reading; Younger Brother To Sign New Arsenal Deal On Friday
- England, Nigeria Or Uganda? Arsenal Young Star Reveals National Team He Wants To Represent
- Nigerian Winger Rescues Draw For Manchester United In Friendly Against Hertha Berlin II
- Why Lookman Did Not Feature In RB Leipzig's 2-1 Victory Over Benfica
- Arsenal Goalkeeper Ejeheri Targets October Return From Injury
- UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi Benched
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football