Everything You Need To Know About Nigerian Youngster Paolo Gozzi Iweru Named In Juventus UYL SquadPublished: September 18, 2018
Highly-rated Nigerian youngster Paolo Gozzi Iweru is in line to make his debut in the UEFA Youth League after he was included by Juventus in their squad list.
The Italian side have been drawn with Valencia, Young Boys and Manchester United in Group H of the UEFA Youth League.
Allnigeriasoccer.com contacted Juventus youth-team guru Giovani Bianconeri to provide the lowdown on the central defender, who is regarded as one of Nigeria's most promising teenagers in Europe at the moment.
1) Iweru was born on April 25, 2001 in Torino, Italy to Nigerian parents but was adopted by Italian parents in his early years.
2) The Italian Football Federation are ahead of the Nigerian Federation in the race to secure his services as he has been capped by Italy at U16, U17 and U19 level and became provisionally cap-tied to the Italians after starring at the 2018 European U17 Championship in England.
3) Iweru is now a central defender, but up until two years ago, he was a left winger and then a midfielder.
4) Described as a pacy and physical defender who knows how to read the game, he was promoted to Italy's U19 squad at the start of this season and made his debut for the age group against Croatia on August 14.
Photo Credit : juventus.com
Football News 24/7
- Rohr : Super Eagles Could Face Morocco In Pre-Africa Cup Of Nations Friendly
- Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid Adekanye
- Oshoala Receives Medical Green Light : Super Falcon Stars In Barcelona Win Vs Bayern
- Arsenal Boss Explains Motive Behind Introducing Iwobi After Half-Time Vs Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace Boss On Arsenal Team Selection : I Don't Regard Maitland-Niles, Iwobi As Back-up Players
- Golden Eaglets Face Guinea Who Are Being Investigated By CAF For Allegedly Falsifying Passports
- Ighalo Extends Scoring Run To Five Games & Could Equal Record Set At Watford Next Weekend
- Manchester United In Tanzania To Watch Golden Eaglets Stars, Africa's Hottest Young Prospects
- Uganda Coach Gives Three Reasons Why Golden Eaglets Will Go On And Win U17 AFCON
- UEL: Villarreal's Chukwueze Outshines Chelsea Superstar Hazard, Arsenal's Aubameyang In Two key Stats
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football