Eye-Popping Stat For Japanese-Nigerian Striker Onaiwu, Scores 19th League Goal In 2018Published: September 22, 2018
Japanese-Nigerian striker Ado Onaiwu was on target for Renofa Yamaguchi in the J2 League this afternoon but his first-half strike was not enough to prevent his team from losing 3-1 to Oita Trinita
A Japan U23 international, Onaiwu found the net in the 29th minute to take his tally for the season in the league to 19 goals.
Second half strikes from Rei Matsumoto and Noriaki Fujimoto (2) condemned Onaiwu and his teammates to their tenth loss of the 2018 season.
Aged 22, Onaiwu has been of fire for Renofa Yamaguchi this term, getting his first career hat-trick against Omiya Ardija and bagged braces against FC Gifu, Tokyo Verdy and Tochigi SC.
He was loaned out to Renofa Yamaguchi by Urawa Red Diamonds for the entirety of this season.
Born to a Nigerian father and Japanese mother, Onaiwu represented Japan at the 2016 Toulon Tournament.
Photo Credit : jfa.jp
Football News 24/7
- FIFA U17 World Cup : Ex-African Footballer Of The Year Warns On Golden Eaglets Pressure
- Lille Striker Osimhen Visits Former Club Sporting Charleroi
- Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Return To Action Is Imminent
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football