Former Nigeria Youth International Odah Hopes To Oust Uzoho, Ezenwa; Get Super Eagles CallPublished: September 22, 2018
Former Golden Eaglets goalkeeper Okiemute Odah is hoping to add competition for gloves in the Nigerian senior national team, the Super Eagles, following his one year loan move from Nigeria's representatives in next season's CAF Champions League side, Lobi Stars to Saudi Arabia's Division 1 side, Jeddah FC.
Odah, a member of the Nigerian U-17 side that campaigned at the 2005 CAF U-17 African Youth Championship in Gambia spoke exclusively to allnigeriasoccer.com from his base.
"We have played four games so far this season and I have kept one clean sheet," gushed the six foot custodian.
"We are in 4th position in the table, but we want to improve on that. We have a game coming up on Wednesday against Najran and a win, and possibly another clean sheet are the objectives," Odah stressed.
Speaking about his chances of breaking into the Super Eagles, Odah who idolises Italian goalkeeping legend Gianluigi Buffon stated:
"If I get invitation from the super Eagles, glory be to God.
"But if i do not get it soon, I will continue to work, maybe my chance will come. I am not really worried about that at the moment," Odah reiterated.
Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rhor has always stuck with the trio of Francis Uzoho, Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Daniel Akpeyi for key matches as well as the World Cup albeit the latter two have had little or no game time since the emergence of 19 year-old Uzoho who was first choice at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Football News 24/7
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- EFL Cup wrap : Lookman, Iheanacho score; Carney features vs Chelsea; Arsenal's Balogun subbed in
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football