Good News For Chelsea But Bad News For Moses As Sarri Provides Update On PedroPublished: September 28, 2018
Speaking to the national press in England, Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has provided an update on the fitness of Pedro Rodríguez ahead of his side's Premier League clash with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Saturday evening.
The World Cup winner has not figured for The Blues in their last two games in all competitions, against West Ham and Liverpool, after suffering a shoulder injury against PAOK in the Europa League on September 20.
Victor Moses has benefited from the Spaniard's spell on the sidelines as he made Chelsea's 18-man squad in the last two games after he was previously dropped for three straight matches in the Premier League.
The former Nigeria international is behind Pedro and the Brazilian Willian in Sarri's pecking order of right wingers and with Pedro nearing a return to fitness, Moses could find himself on the bench or in the stands.
''Christensen was not injured, he only had stomach ache during the match. Pedro yesterday had the last part of the training with the team like Rudiger and Loftus-Cheek. We need to see the last training,'' Sarri told reporters.
Moses had an excellent showing in Chelsea's 2-1 win at Liverpool in the third round of the League Cup on Wednesday.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- England, Nigeria Or Uganda? Arsenal Young Star Reveals National Team He Wants To Represent
- Nigerian Winger Rescues Draw For Manchester United In Friendly Against Hertha Berlin II
- Why Lookman Did Not Feature In RB Leipzig's 2-1 Victory Over Benfica
- Arsenal Goalkeeper Ejeheri Targets October Return From Injury
- UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi Benched
- Saka Named In Arsenal's Provisional Squad Vs Eintracht Frankfurt; 6 Eligible Nigerians Miss Out
- Salzburg's Haaland Equals Champions League Record Held By Yakubu And 6 Players
- Slavia's Olayinka Gets A 10/10 Rating After Scoring Vs Inter Milan, Reacts To Maiden UCL Goal
- Former Chelsea Wonderkid Named In Nigeria's Provisional Squad For U17 World Cup
- Tottenham Rising Star Overtakes Ola Aina As Nigeria's All-time Highest Appearance Maker In UYL
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football