Good News For Chelsea But Bad News For Moses As Sarri Provides Update On PedroPublished: September 28, 2018
Speaking to the national press in England, Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has provided an update on the fitness of Pedro Rodríguez ahead of his side's Premier League clash with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Saturday evening.
The World Cup winner has not figured for The Blues in their last two games in all competitions, against West Ham and Liverpool, after suffering a shoulder injury against PAOK in the Europa League on September 20.
Victor Moses has benefited from the Spaniard's spell on the sidelines as he made Chelsea's 18-man squad in the last two games after he was previously dropped for three straight matches in the Premier League.
The former Nigeria international is behind Pedro and the Brazilian Willian in Sarri's pecking order of right wingers and with Pedro nearing a return to fitness, Moses could find himself on the bench or in the stands.
''Christensen was not injured, he only had stomach ache during the match. Pedro yesterday had the last part of the training with the team like Rudiger and Loftus-Cheek. We need to see the last training,'' Sarri told reporters.
Moses had an excellent showing in Chelsea's 2-1 win at Liverpool in the third round of the League Cup on Wednesday.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Red-hot Tottenham Hotspur striker Etete hoping to catch Mourinho's Eye
- Manchester United product Kehinde reveals what he must do to break into Super Eagles squad
- Awoniyi's Super Eagles hopes go up in smoke as Union Berlin coach confirms striker is unavailable
- Nigeria-eligible defender tipped to depart Arsenal in summer, after thirteen years of service
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football