Ex-Flying Eagles Stars Bentley, Fatai & Umar On Target; Ebiye Puts Himself In Shop WindowPublished: September 30, 2018
Round up of the Nigerian players that were on target for their European clubs on Sunday, September 30.
Former Flying Eagles striker Aminu Umar has taken eight games across all competitions to open his account for Rizespor after finding the net as they beat Fenerbahçe 3-0 at the çaykur Didi Stadyumu (Rize).
Umar lobbed the goalkeeper few meters from the penalty area to double Rizespor's advantage in the 35th minute.
Following their first win of the season, Rizespor have climbed to 15th position on the 18-team Super Lig table.
A division lower, Chuks Akabueze, otherwise known as Bentley, needed only four minutes to open the scoring as Boluspor claimed a 3-1 win against Istanbulspor.
The former Nigeria U20 international fired in a left-footed strike from close range after he was set up by Durak.
Elsewhere, another former Flying Eagles star Kehinde Fatai opened his account for his new club, Dinamo Minsk, as they were beaten 2-1 by BATE Borisov at Borisov Arena.
In a move he started, Fatai finished off with a low shot in the 18-yard box in the 20th minute. It was his third successive start for Dinamo Minsk in the Belarusian Vysheyshaya Liga.
In the Norwegian First Division, young striker Moses Ebiye continues to catch the eye, taking his tally to five goals in five matches after netting a brace as Stroemmen saw off Levanger 4-1 at the TOBB ARENA.
The 21-year-old netted a 13th minute opener before making the scoreline 3-0 ten minutes before the interval.
Football News 24/7
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football