Danjuma Reacts To Netherlands Call-Up, Beaten To UCL Goal Of The Week By Barca's RakitićPublished: October 06, 2018
Club Brugge left winger Arnaut Danjuma says he is honoured to be named to the final 25-man Netherlands roster for their upcoming games against Germany and Belgium.
The international future of the former PSV Eindhoven wonderkid has been the subject of speculation following his impressive performances for the Belgian First Division A club and that matter will be resolved once and for all if he gets some minutes against the Germans in a week's time.
''I was home and got the message on my phone, then I jumped with happiness, I think it's a reward for what I've shown, and now that I'm selected, I want to show what I can,'' Danjuma said in an interview with the TV Channel of Club Brugge.
Atlético Madrid coach Diego Simeone spoke glowingly of the number 47 after he scored a brilliant goal against the Spanish side in the UEFA Champions League and the 39th minute strike was nominated for the Champions League Goal of the Week accolade.
Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic's stunning volley he scored against Tottenham Hotspur was chosen ahead of second-placed Danjuma, Juventus' Paulo Dybala and PSG superstar Neymar.
The 21-year-old Danjuma has tallied 5 goals in 13 games across all competitions so far this season.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
Football News 24/7
- 15-Year-Old Nigerian Striker On The Cusp Of Bury First Team Debut
- Manchester United Wonderkid In Line To Set New Nigerian, World Record; Included In UYL Squad
- Hertha BSC's Torunarigha One Of The Two Most Outstanding CBs In The Whole Of Germany WK 14
- Arsenal's Nwakali Shows Why Porto Signed Him On Loan: Brilliant Free-Kick Hits The Post
- Top Dribbler, Most Fouled Player : Ola Aina Holds His Own In Battle Of Chelsea Loanees
- Victor Moses May Reunite With Nigerian Coach As Fulham Join Race For Chelsea Star
- South Korea Coach On 2019 World Cup Draw : Second Game Crucial, We Have To Beat Nigeria
- Outstanding Super Eagles GK Uzoho Banishes Cadiz Memories After Starring Vs Sporting Gijón
- U20 WAFU Cup Nigeria 0 Niger 0 : Flying Eagles Fail To Breakdown Junior Ménas Defense
- South Korean Messi Outshines Super Falcons Striker As Chelsea Thrash Brighton 4-0
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football