Danjuma Reacts To Netherlands Call-Up, Beaten To UCL Goal Of The Week By Barca's RakitićPublished: October 06, 2018
Club Brugge left winger Arnaut Danjuma says he is honoured to be named to the final 25-man Netherlands roster for their upcoming games against Germany and Belgium.
The international future of the former PSV Eindhoven wonderkid has been the subject of speculation following his impressive performances for the Belgian First Division A club and that matter will be resolved once and for all if he gets some minutes against the Germans in a week's time.
''I was home and got the message on my phone, then I jumped with happiness, I think it's a reward for what I've shown, and now that I'm selected, I want to show what I can,'' Danjuma said in an interview with the TV Channel of Club Brugge.
Atlético Madrid coach Diego Simeone spoke glowingly of the number 47 after he scored a brilliant goal against the Spanish side in the UEFA Champions League and the 39th minute strike was nominated for the Champions League Goal of the Week accolade.
Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic's stunning volley he scored against Tottenham Hotspur was chosen ahead of second-placed Danjuma, Juventus' Paulo Dybala and PSG superstar Neymar.
The 21-year-old Danjuma has tallied 5 goals in 13 games across all competitions so far this season.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
Football News 24/7
- Rohr : Super Eagles Could Face Morocco In Pre-Africa Cup Of Nations Friendly
- Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid Adekanye
- Oshoala Receives Medical Green Light : Super Falcon Stars In Barcelona Win Vs Bayern
- Arsenal Boss Explains Motive Behind Introducing Iwobi After Half-Time Vs Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace Boss On Arsenal Team Selection : I Don't Regard Maitland-Niles, Iwobi As Back-up Players
- Golden Eaglets Face Guinea Who Are Being Investigated By CAF For Allegedly Falsifying Passports
- Ighalo Extends Scoring Run To Five Games & Could Equal Record Set At Watford Next Weekend
- Manchester United In Tanzania To Watch Golden Eaglets Stars, Africa's Hottest Young Prospects
- Uganda Coach Gives Three Reasons Why Golden Eaglets Will Go On And Win U17 AFCON
- UEL: Villarreal's Chukwueze Outshines Chelsea Superstar Hazard, Arsenal's Aubameyang In Two key Stats
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football