One Key Stat That Proves Omeruo Has Not Lost His Touch, Rises To The Occasion On La Liga DebutPublished: October 07, 2018
Kenneth Omeruo finally made his long-awaited La Liga debut following his introduction in the 29th minute of CD Leganes' 1-0 win over Rayo Vallecano at the Estadio Municipal de Butarque on Saturday evening.
The Nigeria international, who signed for Leganes on loan from Chelsea in the summer transfer window, was a non-playing substitute against Real Madrid, Villarreal and Real Betis prior to his maiden appearance in the Spanish topflight.
Despite being inactive for close to a month, with his last game against Seychelles in an AFCON qualifier, Omeruo showed no signs of being rusty and had an impressive debut.
CD Leganes were already ahead when the Super Eagle replaced Unai Bustinza thanks to Guido Carrillo's 14th minute strike and the central defender helped goalkeeper Pichu Cuéllar to post a shutout.
Omeruo assisted the four-man defense cope with the loss of Bustinza, who has started six times for Leganes in the league this season, and chased everything that came his way.
According to the statisticians at Whoscored, the Nigerian made a game-high six clearances, an honor shared with teammate Dimitrios Siovas and Rayo Vallecano's Abdoulaye Ba, though it must be said that he spent fewer minutes on the pitch.
In other stats, Omeruo made two interceptions and committed only one foul in 61 minutes of action.
Photo Credit : cdleganes.com
Football News 24/7
- 15-Year-Old Nigerian Striker On The Cusp Of Bury First Team Debut
- Manchester United Wonderkid In Line To Set New Nigerian, World Record; Included In UYL Squad
- Hertha BSC's Torunarigha One Of The Two Most Outstanding CBs In The Whole Of Germany WK 14
- Arsenal's Nwakali Shows Why Porto Signed Him On Loan: Brilliant Free-Kick Hits The Post
- Top Dribbler, Most Fouled Player : Ola Aina Holds His Own In Battle Of Chelsea Loanees
- Victor Moses May Reunite With Nigerian Coach As Fulham Join Race For Chelsea Star
- South Korea Coach On 2019 World Cup Draw : Second Game Crucial, We Have To Beat Nigeria
- Outstanding Super Eagles GK Uzoho Banishes Cadiz Memories After Starring Vs Sporting Gijón
- U20 WAFU Cup Nigeria 0 Niger 0 : Flying Eagles Fail To Breakdown Junior Ménas Defense
- South Korean Messi Outshines Super Falcons Striker As Chelsea Thrash Brighton 4-0
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football