Six Things We Noticed From Super Eagles First Training Session In Uyo Pre-LibyaPublished: October 11, 2018
The Super Eagles will take on Libya in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier on Saturday and began their preparations for the crucial match on Wednesday evening.
Here are six things we noticed during the practice at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium ahead of their most important match since they were narrowly beaten by Argentina at the 2018 World Cup :
1) Arsenal star Alex Iwobi is in fine form, from slick passes to awareness of where to locate his teammates, and lovely layoffs.
2) Bordeaux winger Samuel Kalu is quite skillful and is in contention to make the starting line-up against Libya despite the return of the more experienced Moses Simon.
3) Watford striker Isaac Success did not undergo training in the gym during the off-season for nothing. He used his strength and grit in yesterday's session and did bulldoze his way around. He will certainly be a handful if brought on at some point in the double-header.
4) Rotherham United's Semi Ajayi has got some nice touches and also knows when to release the ball to a teammate.
5) Deportivo de La Coruña loanee Francis Uzoho is quite a shot-stopper. He did save some shots in quick succession during the practice game. Seems to have cemented a spot in the starting line-up.
6) Changchun Yatai star Odion Ighalo is fired up for the Libya match and there's hope it will translate to goals during the AFCON qualifiers.
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Coach Amapakabo In Touch With German-Born Fortuna Dusseldorf Goalkeeper
- Billing Is Huddersfield's Lowest Earning Player Per Minute Played In Premier League
- Rohr Receives Good News From Saudi Arabia Regarding Availability Of Ahmed Musa For AFCONQ
- 'African Zidane' Mikel Named In Championship Team of The Week
- Ex-West Ham Striker Obinna Training With Potenza Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Swedish-Based Nigerian Midfielder Ruled Out Of Chelsea Vs Malmo Europa League Clash
- Reading Record Buy Aluko Set To Pen Deal With Chinese Club Beijing Renhe
- Guardiola's Brilliant Response To Nigerian Critics For Not Winning UCL Without Messi & Co
- Odemwingie Reveals 70% Of African Players Believe Juju Men More Important Than Doctors, Nigerian Juju Man Treated Broken Arm
- Jordan Aina, Uwakwe, Anjorin Absent As Chelsea Advance To UYL Last Sixteen
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football