Super Eagles Captain Vs Libya, Ahmed Musa Admits Games Were Not EasyPublished: October 17, 2018
Super Eagles captain against Libya, Ahmed Musa, has admitted that things were not easy for the national team despite picking up two wins and six points against the Mediterranean Knights.
Musa has been one of the shining lights for the Super Eagles in their bid to qualify for their first Africa Cup of Nations since 2013, and has been involved in 4 goals (2 goals, 2 assists) in the last three qualifying matches.
On Tuesday evening, the former Leicester City striker and Odion Ighalo had fired the Super Eagles into a 2-0 lead after 17 minutes but it was wiped out by Mohamed Zubya and Ahmad Benali.
The North Africans went in search of a winner after the goal scored by the Crotone star but AFCONQ leading scorer Ighalo broke their hearts when he netted the winner in the 81st minute.
Speaking post-match, Musa stated : ''We are happy to win because it is a big step for the Super Eagles in the group to qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon''.
If Nigeria beat South Africa in November, they will be guaranteed qualification to CAF's flagship tournament with a game to spare.
Football News 24/7
- Rohr : Super Eagles Could Face Morocco In Pre-Africa Cup Of Nations Friendly
- Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid Adekanye
- Oshoala Receives Medical Green Light : Super Falcon Stars In Barcelona Win Vs Bayern
- Arsenal Boss Explains Motive Behind Introducing Iwobi After Half-Time Vs Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace Boss On Arsenal Team Selection : I Don't Regard Maitland-Niles, Iwobi As Back-up Players
- Golden Eaglets Face Guinea Who Are Being Investigated By CAF For Allegedly Falsifying Passports
- Ighalo Extends Scoring Run To Five Games & Could Equal Record Set At Watford Next Weekend
- Manchester United In Tanzania To Watch Golden Eaglets Stars, Africa's Hottest Young Prospects
- Uganda Coach Gives Three Reasons Why Golden Eaglets Will Go On And Win U17 AFCON
- UEL: Villarreal's Chukwueze Outshines Chelsea Superstar Hazard, Arsenal's Aubameyang In Two key Stats
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football