'We Remember What South Africa Did To Us In Uyo' - Revenge On Ahmed Musa's Mind Ahead Of Showdown In Soccer CityPublished: October 19, 2018
Al-Nassr striker Ahmed Musa still harbors hard feelings ahead of the national team's crucial Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa at the FNB Stadium (Johannesburg) on November 17.
The Nigeria number 7 would love to get revenge when the Super Eagles return to Africa Cup of Nations qualifying action as he was in the side that lost 2-0 to South Africa in Uyo in June 2017, coming on as replacement for Alex Iwobi in the 59th minute.
Asked if he's worried ahead of the trip to South Africa, Musa told Channels Television : ''I don't think so, South Africa are under pressure not Nigeria, so I think next month we are going there even for a point.
''We remember what they did to us in Uyo, we are going there for revenge.'''
Musa was delighted that the Super Eagles won their third game on the spin and attributed their success to their determination and has praised the young players.
''We got the three points, we talked to ourselves in the beginning of the game that we need the game.
''We don't have to lose, if we are not getting a win, let's go for a draw but in the 81st minute we got the win and we are very happy for the win.
''I think the major strength in the Super Eagles team is that most of the players are young and everybody is ready to play no matter how many minutes the coach gives to you.
''As you can see there was a little tiredness in the team against Libya, it is not that easy to play in three days. The important thing is the three points,'' he concluded.
After four matches in Group E of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, the Super Eagles lead the way with nine points, one more than their next opponents, South Africa.
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Arsenal U23 Skipper Ajayi Rules Out January Departure From Rotherham United
- Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Chelsea, Spurs Starlets Of Nigerian Descent
- Photo Confirmation : Ex-Falkenberg Star Egbuchulam Completes Move To Suwon FC Worth N432M
- Chelsea Have A Big Decision To Make As Nigerian Defender's Stock Continues To Rise
- Official : US Alessandria Recall Akammadu From Loan Spell At Tranmere Rovers
- Real Madrid Attacking Midfielder Eligible For Nigeria Makes Debut For Spain
- Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join Monaco
- Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 Camp
- Harry Kane Injury : Why Watford's Isaac Success Could Be A Good Fit For Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa's Dutch-Nigerian Starlet Too Hot For Reading To Handle In FA Youth Cup
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football