'We Remember What South Africa Did To Us In Uyo' - Revenge On Ahmed Musa's Mind Ahead Of Showdown In Soccer CityPublished: October 19, 2018
Al-Nassr striker Ahmed Musa still harbors hard feelings ahead of the national team's crucial Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa at the FNB Stadium (Johannesburg) on November 17.
The Nigeria number 7 would love to get revenge when the Super Eagles return to Africa Cup of Nations qualifying action as he was in the side that lost 2-0 to South Africa in Uyo in June 2017, coming on as replacement for Alex Iwobi in the 59th minute.
Asked if he's worried ahead of the trip to South Africa, Musa told Channels Television : ''I don't think so, South Africa are under pressure not Nigeria, so I think next month we are going there even for a point.
''We remember what they did to us in Uyo, we are going there for revenge.'''
Musa was delighted that the Super Eagles won their third game on the spin and attributed their success to their determination and has praised the young players.
''We got the three points, we talked to ourselves in the beginning of the game that we need the game.
''We don't have to lose, if we are not getting a win, let's go for a draw but in the 81st minute we got the win and we are very happy for the win.
''I think the major strength in the Super Eagles team is that most of the players are young and everybody is ready to play no matter how many minutes the coach gives to you.
''As you can see there was a little tiredness in the team against Libya, it is not that easy to play in three days. The important thing is the three points,'' he concluded.
After four matches in Group E of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, the Super Eagles lead the way with nine points, one more than their next opponents, South Africa.
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk boss to make key decision on Onuachu after missing 3 of his last 4 spot-kicks
- Super Eagles target comes off bench to provide assist as Crystal Palace held by Arsenal
- Teenage Nigerian striker reacts after signing new deal with Chelsea
- Mane vs Salah : Ex-African POTY reveals the better of the two Liverpool stars
- 'He unsettled Maguire' - Former Fox hails Iheanacho for first half display vs Man Utd
- 'He's better than Lukaku' - West Ham legend makes bold claim about Napoli striker Osimhen
- Man City product, eligible for Nigeria & England, hints at switching allegiance to Germany
- Ex-Rangers boss reacts to reports Aribo could replace Chelsea-owned midfielder at Crystal Palace
- CSKA Moscow dazzler Ejuke named in Russian PL TOTW after completing nine dribbles
- Leicester star Ndidi makes prediction about Daka after striker's first Premier League goal
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football