Liverpool Coach On 'Nigerian Messi' Form: He Has Been A Threat In Every GamePublished: October 21, 2018
Liverpool U23 boss, Neil Critchley has sung the praises of winger Bobby Adekanye, dubbed the 'Nigerian Messi' in these parts, following his brilliant form since the season started.
The Ibadan-born starlet has netted in each of his first two games in the UEFA Youth League and against Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League 2.
The 19-year-old Adekanye is struggling to recover from an ankle injury he suffered against Napoli and is a big doubt to suit up for the Reds U23 side when they tackle Derby County this afternoon.
''Bobby has been fantastic for us this season and has been a real threat in every game. I think he has improved massively since he has been at the club,'' Critchley said to Liverpool's official website.
''He is brilliant to work with and he has had plenty of downs but he’s been on an up so far this season.
''We missed him in our last game in the cup at West Bromwich Albion.
''He’s still got a bit of an ankle issue which saw him come off against Napoli, which was unfortunate for him after scoring our goal, so he might not be ready for the game against Derby County on Sunday, which would be a big blow for him and for us.''
Adekanye joined Liverpool from Barcelona in the summer of 2015 and has yet to make his first team debut for the Premier League team.
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen Wins 'Nigerian Golden Shoe'; Nwakaeme Only Player To Register Double Figures Goals & Assists
- Three Reasons Why Fans Should Be Happy With Bayern Munich's Link With Everton Striker Henry
- Adebayo Azeez's Newport County Suffer Playoff Heartbreak Vs Tranmere Rovers
- 'It Can Affect His Value' - FC Midtjylland Ready To Sell N3.1B-Rated Onuachu Before AFCON
- Aston Villa In Pole Position To Sign Arsenal, Man City Target Dubbed The 'New Patrick Vieira'
- Three Nigerian Wingers Travel With Arsenal First Team To Baku Ahead Of Europa League Final
- Official : Nigeria U20 Invitee Offered Professional Deal By Watford
- 'We Need To Start Looking At Chukwueze' - NFF Boss Unhappy No Nigerian Among Three Africans That Shared EPL Golden Boot
- The Real Reason Rosenborg Whizkid Ogbu Was Omitted From Nigeria U20 Starting Line-up
- Danny Shittu Watches Flying Eagles Star Michael Vs Qatar; Aigbogun Hails Bologna Midfielder
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football