Carabao Cup : Chelsea Explain Why Nigerian Defender Will Be Permitted To Play Against Parent ClubPublished: October 22, 2018
Premier League side Chelsea have said that they will permit Derby County defender Fikayo Tomori to play against his parent club in next Wednesday's Carabao Cup fourth-round fixture at Stamford Bridge.
There has been a lot of speculation in the media at home and abroad about the availability of the England U21 star for the game as EFL rules stipulate that players can only feature against their parent club only if they get clearance.
Explaining why Tomori and another Chelsea loanee, Mason Mount have been granted permission to play, Chelsea wrote on their official website on Monday : ''Mount and Tomori have been regulars for the Rams under Frank Lampard this season, and, after beating Manchester United at Old Trafford in the previous round, we believe the experience of facing top-level opposition once more will be of benefit to their on-going development at Derby.''
Last season, Super Eagles defender Ola Aina and Tomori were prevented from facing Chelsea in the fifth round of the Emirates FA Cup while on loan at Hull City.
Former Nigeria international Victor Moses was not eligible to play against Chelsea during his loan spells with West Ham, Stoke City and Liverpool.
Tomori has started and gone the distance in the three matches played by the Rams in the League Cup, and was on target against Oldham Athletic in the first round.
Photo Credit : dcfc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Rohr : Super Eagles Could Face Morocco In Pre-Africa Cup Of Nations Friendly
- Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid Adekanye
- Oshoala Receives Medical Green Light : Super Falcon Stars In Barcelona Win Vs Bayern
- Arsenal Boss Explains Motive Behind Introducing Iwobi After Half-Time Vs Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace Boss On Arsenal Team Selection : I Don't Regard Maitland-Niles, Iwobi As Back-up Players
- Golden Eaglets Face Guinea Who Are Being Investigated By CAF For Allegedly Falsifying Passports
- Ighalo Extends Scoring Run To Five Games & Could Equal Record Set At Watford Next Weekend
- Manchester United In Tanzania To Watch Golden Eaglets Stars, Africa's Hottest Young Prospects
- Uganda Coach Gives Three Reasons Why Golden Eaglets Will Go On And Win U17 AFCON
- UEL: Villarreal's Chukwueze Outshines Chelsea Superstar Hazard, Arsenal's Aubameyang In Two key Stats
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football