Ex-Man Utd Star Hargreaves & Ex-Leicester City Hero Bright : Ozil, Not Iwobi, Deserves To Win MOTMPublished: October 22, 2018
Alex Iwobi was officially named the Man of the Match in Arsenal's 3-1 win over Leicester City at the Emirates Stadium on Monday night.
The Man of the Match accolade is given to the most outstanding player from either team by the Premier League sponsors.
In his post-match analysis, former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves questioned the decision to name Iwobi Man of the Match and stressed that the Gunners captain on the night, Mesut Ozil had more impact than the Nigeria international.
Speaking on Premier League Fan Zone, ex-Crystal Palace and Leicester City striker Mark Bright echoed the words of Hargreaves, saying he's surprised that the German was snubbed for the award.
Ozil became the highest scoring German in Premier League history with 30 goals after scoring the Gunners equalizer in the 45th minute, and provided the assist for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's second goal in the 66th minute.
The Arsenal number 10 made four key passes, the most in the match, and had a game-high passing accuracy of 92.5 percent according to stats provided by OPTA.
Though Iwobi spent more minutes on the pitch, he had one shot on target, the same as Ozil managed, finished with a passing accuracy of 80 percent, and was the top dribbler with three successful take-ons.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football