Chelsea Boss Sarri To Run The Rule Over Nigerian Defender This Evening, Zola RevealsPublished: October 31, 2018
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri will run the rule over Nigerian defender Fikayo Tomori when his side face off with Championship outfit Derby County in the fourth round of the League Cup on Wednesday evening.
The early team news suggest Tomori will be named in the Rams starting lineup while Victor Moses might return to Chelsea's match day squad after he was snubbed for the last three Premier League games.
Chelsea assistant first team coach Gianfranco Zola has insisted that Chelsea are not allowing Tomori and Mason Mount play against their parent club just because of the club's relationship with Derby County coach Frank Lampard.
''No, it's not only that. I can tell you it's not that. It is because we believe in the end of the day is that Mason and Tomori they grew up as players,'' Zola told Football.London.
''We believe that by playing against us is an opportunity for them to grow up quicker. The more they play against Premier League teams the more experience they get.
''And we can make better evaluations on them. It was a great opportunity to see them play in front of us and we took the opportunity.
''It's important to see the two players playing to give good indications for us. But in the future it does not mean we will keep doing that."
Tomori has played every single minute of all seventeen games since joining Derby County on loan from Chelsea in August 2018.
Photo Credit : dcfc.co.uk
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football