Everton Loanee Henry Shines As Galatasaray Throw Away Two-Goal Lead Against FenerbahcePublished: November 02, 2018
Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru was in action for 86 minutes Friday evening as his Turkish Lig side Galatasaray let go a two-goal lead and pegged back by Fenerbahçe in a thrilling 2-2 draw at the Turk Telecom Stadium.
The game was the 11th of the season for the Nigerian striker who was substituted off in place of Algeria forward Sofiane Feghouli.
Onyekuru struck a low shot with the inside of his foot four minutes to halftime from a tight angle but the ball went agonizingly wide off target.
The Nigerian's fierce effort in the 49th minute was deflected off for a corner kick which culminated in the team's second goal scored by Norwegian defender Martin Lines.
With eleven left on the clock Onyekuru found Sinan Gümüs but the Turk's low shot went whiskers away from being the match winning goal.
There was on field flashpoint as players from both sides had to be separated by stewards following an exchange of words between Morocco international Younis Belhanda (Galatasaray) and Roberto Soldado of Fenerbahçe.
Onyekuru is on standby in Nigeria's latest squad for the 2019 AFCON qualifier against South Africa away on November 17.
Photo Credit : galatasaray.org
Football News 24/7
- Rohr : Super Eagles Could Face Morocco In Pre-Africa Cup Of Nations Friendly
- Why Serie A Will Be A Good Move For Ex-Barcelona Wonderkid Adekanye
- Oshoala Receives Medical Green Light : Super Falcon Stars In Barcelona Win Vs Bayern
- Arsenal Boss Explains Motive Behind Introducing Iwobi After Half-Time Vs Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace Boss On Arsenal Team Selection : I Don't Regard Maitland-Niles, Iwobi As Back-up Players
- Golden Eaglets Face Guinea Who Are Being Investigated By CAF For Allegedly Falsifying Passports
- Ighalo Extends Scoring Run To Five Games & Could Equal Record Set At Watford Next Weekend
- Manchester United In Tanzania To Watch Golden Eaglets Stars, Africa's Hottest Young Prospects
- Uganda Coach Gives Three Reasons Why Golden Eaglets Will Go On And Win U17 AFCON
- UEL: Villarreal's Chukwueze Outshines Chelsea Superstar Hazard, Arsenal's Aubameyang In Two key Stats
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football