Ex-Super Eagles Invitee Becomes First Teenager To Score Ten League Goals In England's Top Four Tiers; Onyedinma, Aneke On TargetPublished: November 18, 2018
Catch up on the Nigerian players that were on target for their English clubs in Football League matches on Saturday, November 17.
At the Stadium of Light, former Super Eagles invitee Josh Maja took his tally for the season to eleven goals in all competitions after finding the net for Sunderland in a 1-1 draw with Wycombe Wanderers.
On 67 minutes, a free-kick into the box was headed down into the path of Fred Onyedinma, who lashed home to give the visitors the lead.
Six minutes from time, Maja controlled a low cross inside the area before smacking home.
According to the statisticians at OPTA, Maja is the first teenager to score 10 league goals in the top four tiers of English league football this season.
At Stadium mk in Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes Dons got three points on the board with one-time Nigeria Football Federation target Chuks Aneke scoring his seventh goal in nine games in a 2-0 win vs Macclesfield Town.
After a goalless first half, the Arsenal Academy product broke the deadlock in the 52nd minute, curling past goalkeeper O'Hara after receiving a pass on the edge of the box.
MK Dons are top of League Two with 37 points from 18 games courtesy of their win over Macclesfield Town.
Photo Credit : safc.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Coach Amapakabo In Touch With German-Born Fortuna Dusseldorf Goalkeeper
- Billing Is Huddersfield's Lowest Earning Player Per Minute Played In Premier League
- Rohr Receives Good News From Saudi Arabia Regarding Availability Of Ahmed Musa For AFCONQ
- 'African Zidane' Mikel Named In Championship Team of The Week
- Ex-West Ham Striker Obinna Training With Potenza Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Swedish-Based Nigerian Midfielder Ruled Out Of Chelsea Vs Malmo Europa League Clash
- Reading Record Buy Aluko Set To Pen Deal With Chinese Club Beijing Renhe
- Guardiola's Brilliant Response To Nigerian Critics For Not Winning UCL Without Messi & Co
- Odemwingie Reveals 70% Of African Players Believe Juju Men More Important Than Doctors, Nigerian Juju Man Treated Broken Arm
- Jordan Aina, Uwakwe, Anjorin Absent As Chelsea Advance To UYL Last Sixteen
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football