'He Is A Good And Confident Player' - Ex-Monaco Winger Ikpeba Backs Chukwueze To Make Super Eagles AFCON RosterPublished: November 20, 2018
Former Monaco winger Victor Ikpeba was left impressed by the performance of Villarreal rising star Samuel Chukwueze in Tuesday evening's goalless draw against Uganda and has backed the teenager to make the Super Eagles 2019 Africa Cup of Nations roster.
It was a brilliant debut from the left-footed Villarreal youngster who was menacing and bossed the right flank with his mobility and skills in forty five minutes of action.
''He is a good player and he is a player that has confidence,'' SuperSport pundit Ikpeba said in his half-time analysis.
''This is his first game for the Super Eagles, he exhibited all the attributes we see him playing for Villarreal.
''It shows Gernot Rohr has some good players, bringing in these players into the ranks and creating competition.
''We need the best 23 players to represent Nigeria come Cameroon 2019. He is going to be a good addition to the squad.''
Chukwueze made his full debut for the Super Eagles after six appearances for the first team of Villarreal.
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football