Nigerian Stars Paint England With Goals As Aribo, Ladapo, Adebayo, Oshilaja & Okenabirhie Hit TargetPublished: November 24, 2018
Round up of the players eligible to represent the Nigeria National Teams that found the net for their respective teams in matches in the Football League on Saturday, November 24.
In a League One tie at The Valley in London, Charlton Athletic made it three league wins in a row after seeing off Bristol Rovers 3-1 with Joe Aribo among the scorers for The Addicks.
Charlton were in front on the stroke of half-time when Aribo headed home from six yards out with Nicholas Ajose playing a part in the goal when his cross was nodded back into the danger area.
At Home Park (Plymouth), former Flying Eagles invitee Freddie Ladapo continued his blistering form by scoring a brace as Plymouth Argyle returned to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over Fleetwood Town.
Ladapo beat goalkeeper Cairns from eight yards out to open the scoring in the 72nd minute, then headed home a second from a corner with nine minutes left.
The 25-year-old has averaged a goal per game in his last eight matches in the division.
Fejiri Okenabirhie closed the scoring but his goal was not enough as Shrewsbury Town lost 3-2 to Fred Onyedinma's Wycombe Wanderers.
The former Nigeria Football Federation target slotted a low shot past Stockdale in the 73rd minute to give Shrewsbury Town hope but the home team held on to secure three points.
Finally, Fulham loanee Elijah Adebayo scored for the fifth time this season to help Swindon Town beat Port Vale 1-0 in a League Two clash at Vale Park.
The tall striker tapped into an open net in the 11th minute after the ball was parried by the keeper.
Photo Credit : efl.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Manchester United And Chelsea Are Coming Behind Us' - Iheanacho Warns Leicester Teammates
- Manchester United, Everton, Newcastle Among Clubs In Line To Monitor Two Super Eagles Stars In France
- 'The Ball Didn't Touch My Hand' - Iheanacho Reacts To Disallowed Goal Vs Norwich City
- Prolific Striker Tipped For Big Things Balogun Nets Brace But Arsenal Lose To Manchester City U23
- Two Strikers Eligible For Nigeria Score As Manchester United Beat Wigan To Reach Last Four FAYC
- 'He Can Score Big Goals Important Times' - Ex-Man Utd Midfielder Backs Iheanacho To Deliver Vs Norwich
- Chelsea Win PL-ISL Next Generation Mumbai Cup With Nigerian As Coach
- Official : Bosnian Premier League Club FK Zvijezda 09 Announce Capture Of 2013 AFCON Winner
- Bordeaux Coach Explains Why Nigeria's Most Efficient Striker Is Not Getting Enough Minutes
- Exclusive : Ndidi Named In Leicester City Traveling Squad Vs Norwich City But Starts On Bench
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football