Nigerian Stars Paint England With Goals As Aribo, Ladapo, Adebayo, Oshilaja & Okenabirhie Hit TargetPublished: November 24, 2018
Round up of the players eligible to represent the Nigeria National Teams that found the net for their respective teams in matches in the Football League on Saturday, November 24.
In a League One tie at The Valley in London, Charlton Athletic made it three league wins in a row after seeing off Bristol Rovers 3-1 with Joe Aribo among the scorers for The Addicks.
Charlton were in front on the stroke of half-time when Aribo headed home from six yards out with Nicholas Ajose playing a part in the goal when his cross was nodded back into the danger area.
At Home Park (Plymouth), former Flying Eagles invitee Freddie Ladapo continued his blistering form by scoring a brace as Plymouth Argyle returned to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over Fleetwood Town.
Ladapo beat goalkeeper Cairns from eight yards out to open the scoring in the 72nd minute, then headed home a second from a corner with nine minutes left.
The 25-year-old has averaged a goal per game in his last eight matches in the division.
Fejiri Okenabirhie closed the scoring but his goal was not enough as Shrewsbury Town lost 3-2 to Fred Onyedinma's Wycombe Wanderers.
The former Nigeria Football Federation target slotted a low shot past Stockdale in the 73rd minute to give Shrewsbury Town hope but the home team held on to secure three points.
Finally, Fulham loanee Elijah Adebayo scored for the fifth time this season to help Swindon Town beat Port Vale 1-0 in a League Two clash at Vale Park.
The tall striker tapped into an open net in the 11th minute after the ball was parried by the keeper.
Photo Credit : efl.com
Football News 24/7
- Manchester United Legend : Watford Deserved A Spot Kick After Yerry Mina Fouled Success
- Afelokhai: My Love For Petr Cech, Enyeama, Lucky Dube, Enyimba And AFCON Hopes
- Arsenal Product Akpom Comes Off Bench To Score Game-Winning Goal For PAOK
- Chelsea Captain, Who Once Played On The Same Team As Taye Taiwo, Joins Mikel In 300 Club
- 15-Year-Old Nigerian Striker On The Cusp Of Bury First Team Debut
- Manchester United Wonderkid In Line To Set New Nigerian, World Record; Included In UYL Squad
- Hertha BSC's Torunarigha One Of The Two Most Outstanding CBs In The Whole Of Germany WK 14
- Arsenal's Nwakali Shows Why Porto Signed Him On Loan: Brilliant Free-Kick Hits The Post
- Top Dribbler, Most Fouled Player : Ola Aina Holds His Own In Battle Of Chelsea Loanees
- Victor Moses May Reunite With Nigerian Coach As Fulham Join Race For Chelsea Star
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football