Gernot Rohr : Liverpool-Based Duo Solanke & Lookman 'Not Convinced' About Super EaglesPublished: November 26, 2018
Dominic Solanke and Ademola Lookman's international future lies with England national teams for now, Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr has hinted.
It is a foregone conclusion that the two attack-minded players are set to represent the Young Lions at the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship June 16-30, around the same period the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations will hold.
The Nigeria Football Federation have been trying to convince the two Liverpool-based players to switch allegiance to Super Eagles without success.
As for Hannover 96 winger, Noah Joel Sarenren Bazee, he would have been the favorite to replace the retired Victor Moses in the Super Eagles setup but injuries have not been kind to him.
Speaking with Sports Editors in Lagos, Rohr said : ''Ademola Lookman and Solanke are not convinced. They have not made up their minds so we will allow then to decide.
''We will go back to them later, but we cannot force anybody to play for us. It is very important decisions for them to make. Noah Bazee is also on our radar.''
William Troost-Ekong, Ola Aina and Alex Iwobi played for the youth teams of European nations before becoming cap-tied to Nigeria.
The Nigeria Football Federation have refused to throw in the towel in their pursuit of the Liverpool striker and Everton winger.
Photo Credit : thefa.com
Football News 24/7
- 2019 WWC : Nigeria Qualify For Round Of 16, Face Germany Saturday
- Nigeria's Most Expensive Player In History Combined Transfer Fees, Ideye Joins Aris Thessaloniki
- Everton-Owned Winger Onyekuru Likeliest Loan Destination Revealed
- 'We Don't Have Stars Like Okocha, Kanu & Amokachi' - Rohr Admits No Marquee Players In Eagles AFCON Squad
- Braintree Town Snap Up Nigerian Midfielder Cole Who Was On Crystal Palace, Millwall Radar
- 'He Is From A Different Planet' - Mikel Picks Messi Over Ronaldo
- Nigeria vs Burundi : What Super Eagles Must Do To Defeat Unpredictable Debutant
- Done Deal : Third Highest-Scoring Nigerian In Bundesliga History Joins FC Union Berlin
- Ighalo Highlights The Key Qualities Of Super Eagles 'Legend' Obi Mikel
- Man City Beat Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund To Sign Nigerian Winger
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football