Manchester United, Arsenal, Southampton, Newcastle, Wolves Watch Bordeaux No 10 Kalu Sparkle In UELPublished: November 30, 2018
Several European clubs monitored proceedings at the Stade Matmut-Atlantique on Thursday evening as Bordeaux registered a 2-0 win over Slavia Prague on game week five in the Europa League.
There were two attack-minded Nigerian stars in action, Samuel Kalu wearing the number ten jersey for the French Ligue 1 team and ex-Nigeria U23 invitee Peter Olayinka who hopped off the bench five minutes into the second half.
According to Girondins4ever, Premier League teams Manchester United, Arsenal, Newcastle United, Southampton and Wolverhampton Wanderers were present at the stadium.
From Germany, Eintracht Frankfurt, VfB Stuttgart and SV Darmstadt 98 sent their representatives, and Sevilla, Betis, Celta Vigo, Deportivo Alavés, Atlético de Madrid, Eibar and CD Leganes came from Spain.
AS Monaco, Amiens, Rennes, Montpellier and Strasbourg did opposition scouting ahead of a future meeting with Bordeaux in the topflight.
Kalu was impressive in the win against Slavia Prague and was involved in the build up to the opening goal scored in the 49th minute.
His free-kick wrong-footed the Slavia defence, and stopped at the feet of De Preville, who made no mistake and fired past the keeper into the bottom right corner.
The Super Eagles winger would not qualify for a work permit to play in England as he has appeared only five times for the national team, meaning the transfer fee must be significant if he is acquired by one of the aforementioned Premier League clubs.
Photo Credit : uefa.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Coach Amapakabo In Touch With German-Born Fortuna Dusseldorf Goalkeeper
- Billing Is Huddersfield's Lowest Earning Player Per Minute Played In Premier League
- Rohr Receives Good News From Saudi Arabia Regarding Availability Of Ahmed Musa For AFCONQ
- 'African Zidane' Mikel Named In Championship Team of The Week
- Ex-West Ham Striker Obinna Training With Potenza Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Swedish-Based Nigerian Midfielder Ruled Out Of Chelsea Vs Malmo Europa League Clash
- Reading Record Buy Aluko Set To Pen Deal With Chinese Club Beijing Renhe
- Guardiola's Brilliant Response To Nigerian Critics For Not Winning UCL Without Messi & Co
- Odemwingie Reveals 70% Of African Players Believe Juju Men More Important Than Doctors, Nigerian Juju Man Treated Broken Arm
- Jordan Aina, Uwakwe, Anjorin Absent As Chelsea Advance To UYL Last Sixteen
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football